Iphone 4s or Galaxy Nexus?

Arodnum1

Reaction score
We showed you products that are the most popular and yet not the best or even good, so what's your argument now?

That you were comparing the popularity of an iPhone to the popularity of a football team...? That's like taking the popularity of a certain spark plug gap among spark plug manufacturers and comparing that to the approval rating of the president, and being "the best" is all just speculatory to you. And I have no idea what you think I was argueing, but whether or not a ford focus is a good car is completely personal preference, my friend loves his, I prefer my 2500 and don't like cars... But I recognize it as a good product, just not my cup of tea, but this is way off track, I don't even know where this is heading, its like your proving to me you can make a sound comparison? In the end your opinion is your own and it will always stay that way

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
That you were comparing the popularity of an iPhone to the popularity of a football team...? That's like taking the popularity of a certain spark plug gap among spark plug manufacturers and comparing that to the approval rating of the president, and being "the best" is all just speculatory to you. And I have no idea what you think I was argueing, but whether or not a ford focus is a good car is completely personal preference, my friend loves his, I prefer my 2500 and don't like cars... But I recognize it as a good product, just not my cup of tea, but this is way off track, I don't even know where this is heading, its like your proving to me you can make a sound comparison? In the end your opinion is your own and it will always stay that way

I always love this argument.

"Your opinion is wrong, but my opinion is right."

The fact remains, something being popular does not automatically mean it is "good."

Whether you feel my opinion of good is correct or not is irrelevant. It remains a fact because you can't prove it to be false.

As I said earlier, I find the Iphone quite capable and a solid device. But your argument is that popularity equals quality, in which case you are wrong.

Arodnum1

Reaction score
I always love this argument.

"Your opinion is wrong, but my opinion is right."

The fact remains, something being popular does not automatically mean it is "good."

Whether you feel my opinion of good is correct or not is irrelevant. It remains a fact because you can't prove it to be false.

As I said earlier, I find the Iphone quite capable and a solid device. But your argument is that popularity equals quality, in which case you are wrong.

Name a point where I said popularity equals quality, my entire point was informing you that comparing the popularity of a football team andthe popularity of a product, especially something as controversial as a smart phone, is as smart as smacking an upset gorilla, and.... Simply inaccurate, but let me say it so you can understand POPULARITY DOES NOT EQUAL QUALITY! And comparing two totally unlike things is... Apples to oranges my friend :)

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
We named products after my joke of a comparison to a football team.

Yet you still only have the argument of "apples to oranges."

So you're saying there is no comparison in the world possible that would relate to smart phones?

Fairly daring statement.

Arodnum1

Reaction score

So you're saying there is no comparison in the world possible that would relate to smart phones?

Fairly daring statement.

... What?

Arodnum1

Reaction score

Fairly daring statement.

Did you... Read? My last 3 posts were of your ludicrous comparison, you should be a lawyer, master of deception, and putting words in peoples mouths...

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did you... Read? My last 3 posts were of your ludicrous comparison, you should be a lawyer, master of deception, and putting words in peoples mouths...

I see you've backed yourself into a corner, don't worry, I'll let you out.

IDroid4s

Reaction score
yes popularity doesnt exactly mean good quality .. we should go along the lines of customer satisfaction. a product becomes popular because of this. people share and see the satisfaction it brings...therefore makes it a good product like any other TOP brand it will have rivals and other sides.. Coke vs Pepsi... Ford vs. Chevy and so on....the point is a Product wouldnt be so popular if it wasnt good in the first place...

Arodnum1

Reaction score
I see you've backed yourself into a corner, don't worry, I'll let you out.

when did I say any comparison, besides your first one, which was... apples to oranges, was incorrect? I think the ford focus is a fine machine, you don't, guess what, neither me nor anyone in the world cares what you think about a ford focus, and vice versa, for all you know it could be a great car and, opinion alert, it is. It will never be an Aston Martin DB9, a Ferrari 458, or a Lamborghini Gallardo Supervolace, but for a 20000$ car it sure can give you your moneys worth. your opinions are your own and will always stay that way

Arodnum1

Reaction score
yes popularity doesnt exactly mean good quality .. we should go along the lines of customer satisfaction. a product becomes popular because of this. people share and see the satisfaction it brings...therefore makes it a good product like any other TOP brand it will have rivals and other sides.. Coke vs Pepsi... Ford vs. Chevy and so on....the point is a Product wouldnt be so popular if it wasnt good in the first place...

Thanks

wolstonc

Reaction score
Former iPhone owner, current nexus owner here.
I really like both devices.
I like the iPhones voicemail, once a year release, and array of apps. I like that the device functions how it was intended.
I hate that there is a new android device every week. I hate that you have to greatly modify your phone to get it to work how it should have out of the box. I hate how the apps seem... pirated. Like the top spongebob game is by some random guy and isn't spelled right. That kind of thing embarrasses me. And I could actually use siri a lot.

But android has a back button. Android has much more that you can do. And the fact is, apples phones are never on par with an android phone released a year before it. No 4g, only half a gig of ram, finally got dual core but its only .8 ghz... really? ICS and having a nexus device have quelled my complaints some.

With android the next device will be out next week. With apple it will be once a year

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

AZClimber

Reaction score
...and yes you can actually make a call on an iPhone, excellent reception! The Nexus... well sometimes, but a lot of dropped calls and the 4G to 3G switching makes it really buggy. Oh wait its been two hours, I need to recharge my Nexus again - hmmm somethings not right, maybe by the fourth replacement I'll get a good Nexus. :icon_ lala:

Droidrookie84

Reaction score
To me the other thing that the iphone4s has over the gnex is the camera,outside of that theirs no other reason why I would want one.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk