Iphone 4s or Galaxy Nexus?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This is as apples and oranges a comparison as you could possibly make, within a given market segment. The GNex is designed for geeks, and the iPhone is designed for Grandma. And I mean neither of those things in a negative context. It all comes down to what is important to the individual user.

Agreed 100%!!

Sent from my Untouchable TB using Xparent Red Tapatalk

STINGER

Reaction score
the Iphone isn't even comparable to the GNEX in any capacity other than camera ................ that is the only + ............... there may be some Android phones I'd wait to see over the nex but no way no how never would I opt for an Iphone over any Droid 3 or above quality droid phone

famac!

Reaction score
In the cons you should add screen size. 4" vs. 4.65"

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

That would be 3.5" vs 4.65". Only in their dreams can Apple fans imagine a 4" screen......

Arodnum1

Reaction score
the Iphone isn't even comparable to the GNEX in any capacity other than camera ................ that is the only + ............... there may be some Android phones I'd wait to see over the nex but no way no how never would I opt for an Iphone over any Droid 3 or above quality droid phone

Um? Og Droid over iPhone anyday, too much to give up if I switch and nothing to gain!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

alboboy10

Reaction score
Nexus may not have as high a resolution but the screen is far superior because of size, 720p and led.

And if you grew bored of the nexus you will love the iPhone since its so customisable.

I would never buy an iPhone simply because of the fact that I hate apple and don't want to give them my money. I don't wanna support a company that's using money they make from us to try and kill the competition with lawyers.

Bigsurprise

Reaction score
Pros
-better camera quality
-better screen resolution -->640x960@326ppi vs 720x1280@316ppi. GN wins
-more compact -->debatable
-an amazing array of apps -->debatable
-better build quality
-way better cases -->debatable
-ios 5 -->debatable
-the phone looks and feels great

Cons
-Apple's myriad of restrictions
-Non-removable battery (if it freezes, your SOL)
-NO 4G
-Jailbreaking actually slows down the device
-Customization is limited
-I've lost a ton of money spent on apps for Android
-Lack of support for flash (yeah, yeah, i know its going out but i still find that many sites use it)
-The possibility of Apple releasing a 4g iphone this year will may make me regret getting a 4s

This is all i can think of right now. I know my intro was probably too long (it's late and i felt like a story needed to be told) but it would be great to have some input from the community.

Just my opinion, but most of the pros you have listed for the iPhone are invalid. 4g wasn't a deal breaker for me personally, but it seems like everyone and their grandma's have an iPhone. I wanted something more unique and customizable. More like a PC. The Galaxy Nexus was the phone for me. I say keep the GN and play with your mom's 4s for a bit until you are really sure about your decision. Really look at things from both perspectives.

IDroid4s

Reaction score
I own both an iphone 4s and a galaxy nexus. they are both great phones. I dont understand why android fans bash the iphone so much, if it wasnt a good phone it wouldnt be so popular, simple as that. However i do like the Gnex more because of the 4g and screen size. But the iphone UI is still ahead of android in smoothness and is a bit more polished. Jailbreaking isnt bad at all its less of a hassle in my opinion, the flashing,Roms root etc. u can theme customize the iphone any way you want all without having to back up, flash, restore etc.. either way you cant go wrong with with either!:icon_ lala:

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I own both an iphone 4s and a galaxy nexus. they are both great phones. I dont understand why android fans bash the iphone so much, if it wasnt a good phone it wouldnt be so popular, simple as that. However i do like the Gnex more because of the 4g and screen size. But the iphone UI is still ahead of android in smoothness and is a bit more polished. Jailbreaking isnt bad at all its less of a hassle in my opinion, the flashing,Roms root etc. u can theme customize the iphone any way you want all without having to back up, flash, restore etc.. either way you cant go wrong with with either!:icon_ lala:

The Cowboys are the most popular NFL team in the US, doesn't mean they're good=P

But I agree, Iphone is a fine device, but the Nexus beats it in every area except the camera.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Apples and oranges my friend, apples and oranges

Okay, the Ford Focus is the most popular car in the US, doesn't mean it's good.

The most popular song artist right now is Lady Gaga, doesn't make her good.

Popularity=/Good

Most of the time something is popular because it's the lowest common denominator among it's target audience, not because it's the best at what it does.

As I said I'm not an Apple hater at all, think the Iphone is one of the most solid and well rounded phones ever made, I was making a joke more than trying to make a point.

Last edited:

alboboy10

Reaction score
Apples and oranges my friend, apples and oranges

Why because its not a product? OK. Toyota is highest selling car maker in the us. Is it the best

Idk how people can keep buying products out of principle alone. I have no clue how u can give a company like that money.

movieman999

Reaction score
The fact you don't list the screen on the iPhone as a con is strange to me. The nexus has a 720p HD screen AND is a super AMOLED, not to mention its far larger. It's one of the most incredible screens on a mobile device yet. It's stunning. Stock Android 4 and the screen are more than enough for me to buy a Nexus over anything else.

My 2 cents.

shanimal92

Reaction score
They're both really good phones. I've gotten use to the size of the Nexus so going back to my OG Droid (same width, length and screen size as iPhone(?)) Is really weird.
Camera - iPhone wins IMO
Build quality - iPhone wins but the quality on the Nexus isn't as bad as people make it out to be. Plus I always get a case to the takes build quality out of the equation... sort of
Screen - if the Nexus were the same size, iPhone wins. But, even though I hate the blueish tint and grainyness at low brightness, I love the size and it sort of makes up for it. Even with those flaws, the screen is still amazing.
Speaker volume - obviously iPhone would win. Nexus speaker is **** without volume +. At least mine is.
OS - iOS is ugly as hell compares to ICS, IMHO. Love the look of ICS
Versatility - Nexus wins. You can do anything with the nexus... anything.
No 4g is a turnoff for me. I like the option to have something faster.

But like I said, they're both good phones.

Arodnum1

Reaction score
Why because its not a product? OK. Toyota is highest selling car maker in the us. Is it the best

Idk how people can keep buying products out of principle alone. I have no clue how u can give a company like that money.

Lol.... I have a 2001 Hyundai and a 1995 Chevrolet 2500, and you can't possibly compare the popularity of a football team to a product, and yes, Toyota is good for the price, and so is the ford focus, if you want a really bad car, why not compare it to a rover? People will like the Dallas cowboys no Matter what, its their team, so yes, because the Dallas cowboys are not a product, it is apples to oranges

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
We showed you products that are the most popular and yet not the best or even good, so what's your argument now?