iphone 4g > droid?

superglen99

Reaction score
Honestly for the iphone to even compete in this phone market of high res 1-2Ghz multi tasking processors and unrestriced OS with thousands of apps Apple will have to pull a rabbit out of its #$* or else it's bye bye iphone.

jakheb

Reaction score
This is why you have gunfights with your droids and iphones.

jakheb

Reaction score
The only bonus of a jailbroken iphone is the 100% free apps. We need something like that.

mjs31

Reaction score
The only bonus of a jailbroken iphone is the 100% free apps. We need something like that.

Although the concept of free is nice, it does have one very negative effect. Why would a developer ever want to put time and money into a nice app if everyone just gets it for free? Sorry, I understand free but it hurts in the long run.

I will say that I am guilty of a torrent or two, but if we want great apps we should continue to support great developers.

Also, there are more benefits to a jail broken phone. Customization beyond what apple allows was a huge one for me.

meekless

Reaction score
AT&T cant get 3G working everywhere all the time, who the hell thinks they will get 4G right?

edit::

that was more of a rant against AT&T than the iPhone. I think the iPhone is a decent gadget all around. But i have never been an Apple fanboy, and in fact have never purchased an Apple product (not even the iPod). I just think Apple products are over-rated and over-priced!
The fact remains though, that so many people who love the iPhone, cannot stand AT&T. Their service is horrible, and they dont care because the apple fanboys flock regardless!

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just stopped talking to any and all of my friends that have iPhones in order to prevent arguments just like this.... :icon_ goofy:
I haven't stopped because my friends use the phone as a useful tool (as well as for fun) and all of them are seriously considering jumping to Verizon for the droid since getting mine.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
my buddy keeps say this, but the 4g hasn't even been unveiled yet, so what gives?:iphone:
It's called fanboyism. Anything Apple produces must be the best, right? Steve Jobs even said that the competition wouldn't be able to keep up so it must be true. Though to be fair, fanboys aren't by any means exclusive to Apple. A level-headed person would take a wait-and-see approach IMO.

Big Cam

Reaction score
OMG, I knew the ipad couldn't multitask, but I always assumed the iphone could.

LOL, by old BB Curve could listen to pandora and surf the web.

This is great.

shawnb2

Reaction score
I have to say as I am a recent iPhone to Droid switcher, that both of these phones have their good and bad points. I only signed a 1 year deal in anticipation of the iPhone coming to Verizon. Initially a few days after getting the phone I am still really happy with it and was seriously thinking the Droid may stay as my phone. I'm hoping that these rumors of getting Flash hold true because I don't care who you are, that's just annoying to not have full access to the web. I love the open platform and alot of the features this phone offers. My rants are in compared to the iPhone the amount of good apps that are useful to ME are quite lacking. The ease of use is nowhere near as easy and I'm pretty tech savvy. Coming from the iPhone there is certainly a learning curve as it's not as straight forward. The touchscreen is not as responsive which is quite annoying since I am constantly missing calls because I can't answer the phone. Maybe I need to get it checked out, don't know. As I said I've only had it for a few days. I am thinking and from what I've read the 4G iPhone will probably represent both sides of meaning 4th generation as well as will work on a 4G network. The latest I've heard is Verizon may hold out on launching the iPhone on their network in anticipation to launching their 4G network next year. We'll see. Technology changes constantly and being I only have a short contract maybe there will be a new Android phone that wins me over, but as of now so far I'd have to say I'll be switching back once it gets here. Certainly glad to be away from AT&T all together though. Worth switching to the Droid in itself.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
For me it's simple.... the iPhone can't multi-task. There are other things I don't like about the iPhone but until the multi-tasking is addressed the rest is just adding to the pile :)

miamidroid

Reaction score
For me it's simple.... the iPhone can't multi-task. There are other things I don't like about the iPhone but until the multi-tasking is addressed the rest is just adding to the pile :)

The only good thing about the iphone is the simplicity. But the simplicity is also its downfall. I wana be able to do w.e. the hell I want with my fone. By the time 4g iphone comes, android will have dominated the market. Hopefully by then Iphone heads will see the light.

bastosero

Reaction score
Here's my take on this. This is the FIRST generation of the Droid which says a lot. The iPhone has been around longer and has had many chances to correct its mistakes or problems (basically no multi-tasking, being so restrictive, being exclusive to AT&T, etc.). Now, IMHO, I believe this is where the next generation Droid will capitalize on this. Think of the next generation Droid with a better experience. That's what I'm looking forward to. :)

JUST FOR THE RECORD...Droid > iPhone