iPhone 4, 4s owners think they can get 4G by downloading a software

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is the iPhone 4s (on AT&T) even HSPA+, though? It was always advertised as just being faster than every other carriers.. but still showed as 3G and is still listed as 3G.

I believe it is, but now I'm questioning myself :)

alboboy10

Reaction score
I think att is mad that they're not allowed to merge with T-Mobile so they just renamed their network into 4g. Lol

My gfs atrix has an h+ sign on it still.

I might go into an att store and play dumb with them a little. I'm gonna tell them that her phone was supposed to grandfather her in to 4g and every phone but hers has become 4g capable. And they're probably gonna tell me that her phone actually is 4g it just doesn't show it. So I'm gonna play dumb some more and insist that they release an update making her phone 4g or give her one that says 4g on it.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
What kind of threads will people make when the iPhone actually does get 4G? You're gonna run out of things to make fun of Apple for...

SniperDroid

Reaction score
What kind of threads will people make when the iPhone actually does get 4G? You're gonna run out of things to make fun of Apple for...

No, no. We'll never run out of things to make fun of Apple for. Icant, Idont, and Iwont...!

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Not really. Once Verizon started calling their LTE 4G, T Mobile was adamant that HSPA+ is 4G and have been advertising "4G" phones the same way. Unless some official ruling is had that says HSPA+ does not qualify as 4G, they're in the clear.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

This is likely what the person referenced in the OP was referring to. They will get HSPA+ when AT&T rolls it out to their area. They are calling that "4G". It is not LTE but it is 2-3X faster than 3G.