iPhone 4, 4s owners think they can get 4G by downloading a software

citronbull

Reaction score
Should I commend Apple marketing or is that an example of how naive iPhone owners are. Can I download a 3D software for my non 3D TV??...LMAO!!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Thread moved to off-topic.

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Kinda funny you should bring this up. I was over my brothers house last night, pretty much fruit eaters, and a friend of theirs brought over her shiny brand new 4s. I over heard her telling my sister in law it is ready for 4g as soon as they get it in the area. I had to speak up at this point, but she insisted it was 4g. She went to the Aat&T site and sure enough, in the corner of the 4s, there's a 4g symbol. The sales person told her as soon as 4g is available she could access it.
PDAs & Smartphones - from AT&T

wolstonc

Reaction score
Kinda funny you should bring this up. I was over my brothers house last night, pretty much fruit eaters, and a friend of theirs brought over her shiny brand new 4s. I over heard her telling my sister in law it is ready for 4g as soon as they get it in the area. I had to speak up at this point, but she insisted it was 4g. She went to the Aat&T site and sure enough, in the corner of the 4s, there's a 4g symbol. The sales person told her as soon as 4g is available she could access it.
PDAs & Smartphones - from AT&T

If she's been in a 4g area, her speed won't change. It'll just show 4g now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

alboboy10

Reaction score
Hahaha even my friend with a 4s who actually loves iphones told me that it was a stupid thing to do.

Idk how people suddenly think they have 4g.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hahaha even my friend with a 4s who actually loves iphones told me that it was a stupid thing to do.

Idk how people suddenly think they have 4g.

Because they see it on the phone. Someone who's not technically savvy could be easily confused and think they have 4G now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
A friend at work bought an iPhone 4 about a week before the 4s came and insisted that it had 4g. (I asked him why he didn't get the 4s and he just looked at me with a puzzled look on his face.) He got quite mad and got on the computer to prove me wrong. He's still looking! To rub salt in the wound, I downloaded a spec sheet the next day showing that the 4 and 4s weren't 4g. He, he, he. I'm so bad!

Sent my new Droid Razr Maxx

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I don't argue with those kinda people. Saves me a lot of stress.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score

If you knew this guy you might change your mind. He knows everything just ask him.

Sent my new Droid Razr Maxx

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P

^^^^This. I just said OK and went back to watching the hockey game with my brother. Ignorance is bliss.

cloud12077

Reaction score
You know, who ever were to buy the iphone from ATT's website would have a pretty good argument to get out of their contract/class action due to false advertising...just saying...

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
You know, who ever were to buy the iphone from ATT's website would have a pretty good argument to get out of their contract/class action due to false advertising...just saying...

Not really. Once Verizon started calling their LTE 4G, T Mobile was adamant that HSPA+ is 4G and have been advertising "4G" phones the same way. Unless some official ruling is had that says HSPA+ does not qualify as 4G, they're in the clear.

cloud12077

Reaction score
Not really. Once Verizon started calling their LTE 4G, T Mobile was adamant that HSPA+ is 4G and have been advertising "4G" phones the same way. Unless some official ruling is had that says HSPA+ does not qualify as 4G, they're in the clear.

Good point, I had not thought of it that way

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah AT&T is really just playing catch up to the way T-Mobile has been marketing it.

---
Rezounded from my .... Rezound.