iphone 3g to the Moto Droid noobi

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by papibone5, Jan 31, 2010.

1. papibone5

papibone5 New Member

Hey guy I'm new to the site and to the android world, my name is alphonso and I live in the state of alabama. I finally decided to get thr new motorola droid and man I made a great choice. I been an iphone user for about 2yrs and I have to say the droid surpass the iphone, even with my iphone jailbroken it still doesn't measure up and thr most important thing I now have 3g coverage in my area where I didn't have it with At&t. Now its time for me to figure out how to customize this bad boy any suggestion
  2. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

First, welcome to the forum. You will find lots of info and knowledgeable people who are very willing to share their expertise.

Second, like you, I'm a former iPhone user. And, like you, I left because of AT&T's terrible voice and 3G service.

Third, I really am glad I switched. Admittedly, the UI of the iPhone is very easy to learn so it took me a few days to get use to the Droid. Now, however, I realize that you can do anything you want. If you don't like an app for texting, browsing, or the keyboard, simply go to the Market and get a new one. You can add folders for anything and load any app in that family/category.

Finally, the voice recognition and navigations is awesome!

Mike
  3. nkcavs23

nkcavs23 New Member

a lot of former iphone users on here. im one of them :p

welcome
  4. papibone5

papibone5 New Member

Thanks for the welcome and yes the iPhone is easy to learn and also get bored over time I had my Droid for about a week and half now and everyday I find something new I can do to it. I don't think imma get bored with this phone. And with verzion coverage and 3g speed take this phone over the top. Not bashing the iPhone I think it a great phone but just on the wrong network