Ipad2 to Droid1

greyghost04

Reaction score
It would kill me to pay Verizon $30/month again for data when that is what they get for my Droid data. I'm hoping I can get into the Apple Store this weekend. I'll have my Droid on wi-fi tether (hotspot) and pick up a iPad2. I'll quickly pair them and test for speed. I think I can get up to 1.5mps. The test if data transfers fast enough is go to YouTube and see if a video plays flawlessly. If it works than I can get just a wi-fi iPad.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It would kill me to pay Verizon $30/month again for data when that is what they get for my Droid data. I'm hoping I can get into the Apple Store this weekend. I'll have my Droid on wi-fi tether (hotspot) and pick up a iPad2. I'll quickly pair them and test for speed. I think I can get up to 1.5mps. The test if data transfers fast enough is go to YouTube and see if a video plays flawlessly. If it works than I can get just a wi-fi iPad.

I now others who have done this. You should go to our sister forum www.ipad.net. They can give you more information on that.

As far as videos and youtube that should work provided that you don't need Flash.

Last edited:

Leonius

Reaction score

I had an Ipad1 about two weeks back (i returned it when the 2 was announced). Wireless tether worked great with my Droid1, I used it all the time at work. I can't wait for the IPad2 and to get a rooted TBolt, it's going to be the best of both worlds :D

OP
greyghost04

greyghost04

Reaction score
I now others who have done this. You should go to our sister forum www.ipad.met. They can give you more information on that.

As far as videos and youtube that should work provided that you don't need Flash.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info:)

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll have my Droid on wi-fi tether (hotspot) and pick up a iPad2. I'll quickly pair them and test for speed. I think I can get up to 1.5mps.
Speed's going to be based on your Droid, not the iPad2.

The test if data transfers fast enough is go to YouTube and see if a video plays flawlessly.
You need to pick the right video. Video bitrates on Youtube aren't the same for all videos and can vary quite a bit.

OP
greyghost04

greyghost04

Reaction score
No i understand it comes from the Droid. That's why I figure about 1.5 mps because when I tethered it to my laptop that is the top speed I hit.