iPad2 thumping the Xoom?

spillner

Reaction score
Xoom sales are "underwhelming". Many cite the Honeycomb OS as being buggy and unpolished.

DailyTech - Report: Motorola Xoom Sales "Underwhelming"

No tablet will outsell the iPad until they are priced at least a hundred dollars less than the cheapest iPad.

No tablet will ever outsell the iPad.

Who cares? Why should you base what you buy on what someone else buys. So what if the iPad2 out does the Xoom on graphics, it doesn't beat it in video/picture quality, its way less functional and offers no personalization.

Games on tablets are nothing more than time killers. I'm not gonna sacrifice function for graphics. When the iPad offers better connectivity, better web browsing, customization and 4g I'll consider it

kptphalkon

Reaction score
The only games I actually care about are very good ports such as spectral souls, or emulators. Since yongh's emulators do not offload work to the gpu in any case, the only thing i care about is raw cpu horsepower. From the benches i saw it seems the xoom is bested in mobile graphics, but comes out ahead in general compute performance.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
No tablet will outsell the iPad until they are priced at least a hundred dollars less than the cheapest iPad.

No tablet will ever outsell the iPad.

Who cares? Why should you base what you buy on what someone else buys. So what if the iPad2 out does the Xoom on graphics, it doesn't beat it in video/picture quality, its way less functional and offers no personalization.

Games on tablets are nothing more than time killers. I'm not gonna sacrifice function for graphics. When the iPad offers better connectivity, better web browsing, customization and 4g I'll consider it

who cares? i definitely don't. i was just stating a fact. the poster implied that there was a possibility that the ipad might be outsold by an individual android tablet someday. i was simply stating that that's never going to happen.

Riley

Reaction score
I'm enjoying the heck out of my Zoom for both work and personal use. :)

Sent from my Droid on Sourcery 2.2