• Transformer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
It was my understanding that iPad and iphone/ipod separated their apps from tablet to phone. For example, angry birds for iphone cost $1 while the iPad version cost $2. I could be wrong.

Oh, I misunderstood. You are correct. They are seperate. The iPad wasn't out when I had an iPhone. Ya, that in itself is just greed. Android integrates both into one app.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I went with TF201 and pre ordered in Dec '11. I finally got it at the end of Feb '12. I got the dock a month later. I got this because there wasn't a decent enough Windows tablet out there yet and I had been looking for a tablet for a year and finally bit the bullet. No regrets. I mostly use it docked as with any tablet, holding it after a while becomes a pain. With touchscreen ability and keyboard its the best of both worlds and you don't need a tablet case if its docked.
The next laptop I get will be with a touchscreen interface in a ultramobile form factor.

My TF201 is usually docked too. The extra long battery life is awesome and the keyboard makes typing a breeze compared to touch screen typing.

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Haha, thanks for all the comments, guys! I had to return the Prime because my idiotic self updated to firmware .21 without reading that that particular upgrade could not be rooted yet. So, I said it had a "screen" problem I was uncomfortable with and got another one. I am now rooted and custom rom'd. :)

Eh just type the word Galaxy Nexus in your op or a the end of it type the following "Man it would be cool if samsung had set up where we could plug the next galaxy nexus into it to turn it into a "transformer prime like pad phone".

^ I am joking about adding that to the op but soooo sooo much want to see the next nexus have that ability (if you could not tell by my last few posts on this topic :p).

There you go we now have the galaxy nexus being discussed in the thread no need to move it. :biggrin:
And haha, I should have done that! :p
*Sorry for the late reply*
---------------------
So far the Prime has had everything I need and more. The device truly is amazing. I went to Verizon with my brother yesterday to talk to my Friend Brian who just landed a job there and when I got there he was busy, and I was talking to my brother (not super into tech like me, but owns a Rezound with ICS(that I gave him and put on there)) about the Xyboard that was there and how stupid the name was and stuff, and Brian over heard me and tried telling me it'd still his overall choice of the two because of LTE. I told him I'd rather have Tegra 3, a better name, and just use my mobile hotspot to take care of me than buy that. Than he tried telling me I should have gotten the iPad 3 which is the only device he'd buy that was "wi-fi" only.

But both are great devices. I do wish I had the screen resolution of the iPad, but I think I made the right choice. And if push comes to shove, I'll just sell this and get the new Prime that will hopefully be coming out here soon.

TatDroid

Reaction score
BenLand150 said:
So, I said it had a "screen" problem I was uncomfortable with and got another one.

Ahhhh, I see. So you stole a new one from them.

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
TatDroid said:
Ahhhh, I see. So you stole a new one from them.

Best Buy gives you 30days to return the item. So it was that or replace it. Had I not the "replace it option", it would have been returned regardless considering it doesn't fit my needs/wants. I'd like to think my way is better since they made their monry still and I didn't take it back after playing with it and still getting all my money back. So I didn't find a "loop hole" to return it. Whether it truly had a problem or not it could have been returned. I said it had a screen issue so I wasn't just randomly returning the item for the same item. I suppose maybe I shouldn't have said that since it was making a pretty pointless lie.. but can't change that now. D:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Nice pickup on the Prime, was about to say as much as you like customizing I would think you'd lean more toward the Prime.

Nice sig btw, Rurouni Kenshin was a great series:hail: You hear they're making a live movie?

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
dezymond said:
Nice pickup on the Prime, was about to say as much as you like customizing I would think you'd lean more toward the Prime.

Nice sig btw, Rurouni Kenshin was a great series:hail: You hear they're making a live movie?

Thanks man, I'm definitely loving it.

And an awesome series. Did not know that though.. that's awesome! Hopefully it's good unlike the DBZ remake and even Avatar: TLA.

spillner

Reaction score
According to me iPad 3 is best choice than purchase any other cheap tablets or I compare iPad 3 with Asus Transformer and I found that iPad 3 is much much better that Transformers just because of features are amazing in iPad 3. So I will prefer you to purchase iPad 3.

I'm a little confused on what you mean by better features. With the exception of the retina display, their is not one special feature the iPad has over the Transformer Prime. Hardware for hardware their is no comparison in that the Prime just give you more usefull functionality.

pyro6128

Reaction score
According to me iPad 3 is best choice than purchase any other cheap tablets or I compare iPad 3 with Asus Transformer and I found that iPad 3 is much much better that Transformers just because of features are amazing in iPad 3. So I will prefer you to purchase iPad 3.

Cheap tablet? Go check out price and build materials and see if you still believe that nonsense

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

npro1464

Reaction score
Get a used Touchpad off Craigslist for like $200 and load CM9 on it. Take the other $300-500 you saved and use it for something else (save it for a car, a new phone, whatever!).

That being said, I got an iPad 2 a year ago and I've got to say, Apple takes the cake here. The games are awesome, and I'm often disappointed when searching for games I like on Android for my phone and they're not there (Infiniti Blade, Jetpack to name a few). I'm sure I'd have a blast if I had an Android tablet, but the business of flashing ROMS is better left for phones, IMO. Also, consider the resolution on the display- I think the iPad 3 wins here. Sure the Transformer has that neat attachment, but if you get that then you have to consider it still functions as a tablet and doesn't have the same capability as a laptop- and for the extra money would you be better off with a high-end laptop?

spillner

Reaction score
You're still getting more bang for your buck with a Prime. I agree that there is a lack of games and apps for tablets but they are coming and if you like games then try installing some emulators and playing some roms. I have NES,SNES,Sega and N64 games on my Prime that I can play. I can even connect it to my flat screen tv and play them with my wireless PS3 controller. I also have over 20 Android games including Riptide GP, Shadowgun and Dead Space. If you're really into games Onlive services are available for Android, I demoed it and it was pretty awesome.

As far as the dock is concerned, yes it doesnt turn you're phone into a high end laptop but it gives you the function of a netbook while still being a tablet.