iPad vs Transformer Prime

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by BenLand150, May 13, 2012.

?

iPad or Transformer

1. iPad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Transformer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. BenLand150

BenLand150 Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +103
    Thanks man, I'm definitely loving it.

And an awesome series. Did not know that though.. that's awesome! Hopefully it's good unlike the DBZ remake and even Avatar: TLA.

2. spillner

spillner Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I'm a little confused on what you mean by better features. With the exception of the retina display, their is not one special feature the iPad has over the Transformer Prime. Hardware for hardware their is no comparison in that the Prime just give you more usefull functionality.

3. pyro6128

pyro6128 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Cheap tablet? Go check out price and build materials and see if you still believe that nonsense

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

4. navy

navy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Like this.

5. npro1464

npro1464 Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Get a used Touchpad off Craigslist for like $200 and load CM9 on it. Take the other $300-500 you saved and use it for something else (save it for a car, a new phone, whatever!).

That being said, I got an iPad 2 a year ago and I've got to say, Apple takes the cake here. The games are awesome, and I'm often disappointed when searching for games I like on Android for my phone and they're not there (Infiniti Blade, Jetpack to name a few). I'm sure I'd have a blast if I had an Android tablet, but the business of flashing ROMS is better left for phones, IMO. Also, consider the resolution on the display- I think the iPad 3 wins here. Sure the Transformer has that neat attachment, but if you get that then you have to consider it still functions as a tablet and doesn't have the same capability as a laptop- and for the extra money would you be better off with a high-end laptop?

6. spillner

spillner Member

Ratings:
    +2
    You're still getting more bang for your buck with a Prime. I agree that there is a lack of games and apps for tablets but they are coming and if you like games then try installing some emulators and playing some roms. I have NES,SNES,Sega and N64 games on my Prime that I can play. I can even connect it to my flat screen tv and play them with my wireless PS3 controller. I also have over 20 Android games including Riptide GP, Shadowgun and Dead Space. If you're really into games Onlive services are available for Android, I demoed it and it was pretty awesome.

As far as the dock is concerned, yes it doesnt turn you're phone into a high end laptop but it gives you the function of a netbook while still being a tablet.