iPAD link on OUR home page!

nolanandy

Reaction score
I'm not impressed with the ipad at all, the half a** working Android tablets look 100 times better.

I cannot see personal reason to have one of these.

Here is one of "my" personal reason, if I can get all the text books through their iBook store, I definitely will get one. Not just me, but many many college students will do a same. same to highschool's kids. They don't have to carry all those books everyday. Do you know how many books that I have to carry each day in high school?

You have to admire Apple that they can get all these deals from the publishers, game makers, etc. Make them believe in you.

choklitcow

Reaction score
How large is the netbook market anymore? Some friends and I have been debating this subject today, and I have yet to see the reason to have one.

Originally they were a nice, affordable means if you couldn't snag a laptop. With the prices (and size) of laptops now, I cannot see forking out this amount of money for either a dumbed down, portable computer or an oversized ipod touch (however you want to look at it).

It looks sexy, that is for sure. I guess my biggest question is if you have a smart-phone, laptop, or both....what would this be useful for? This guy kind of summed up my feelings towards it, but since people have already mentioned they would want to purchase one on these forums I'd like to hear why.

Why I’m not into the new #iPad from Apple | Richard Yoo's Weblog

*edit*

Nolanandy gave me a pretty good reason, although wouldn't an e-reader be a much cheaper option?

OP
Bichonbuddy

Bichonbuddy

Reaction score
Can you imagine someone holding the iPad up to take a picture? LOL.

I don't think the iPad forum is the same group as the Droidforums. I don't think so.

Anyway, I don't hate Apple products. Hell, I had an Apple II and just about every Apple up to my current MACPRO Nehalem Quad machine.

Although, I'm betting the iPad is going to be far off the mark sales wise. Then I'll buy Apple stock and wait for the "next" revolution.

carbonnoid

Reaction score
I would not buy this. This is an apple fail. No HDMI, no usb, no multitask, nothing really to impress me. I literally have no need for this, my netbook does 10x more functions while having the same form factor, this basically is just my ipod touch. But more pixels, for 800 dollars. You cant squeeze blood out of a rock. That seems to be apples new idea.

JTAC

Reaction score
A lot of people and sites are saying that this product is really below everyone's expectations. I completely agree; but at the same time there will always be last minute changes, upgrades, second/third/fourth versions. Just like the iPhone, it will slowly improve and some will want it more...while others will still dislike it.

I do believe multi-tasking on that is a must! What if you are doing a report for a company, school, etc?

natty_lite

Reaction score
I really, really wanted to like it, but I can't seem to find a niche for it. It's not very portable, difficult to type on if you don't conveniently have a chair that you can fold your legs on like Jobs did in his presentation. Its much more expensive and less useful than a Netbook, ie: no desktop applications, flash, multi tasking, VGA ports, USB ports, camera, card reader, or DVD drive. and even the largest capacity version has only 64 GB of storage - which will run you 829$. That's not much cheaper than 250 GB, Core Duo MacBook.

I think this device will really test the loyalty of Apple consumers. It seems that it would make more sense to just spend you're money on a high capacity iPhone or iPod Touch, or just get a MacBook if you want full fledged mobile computing.

cb2000a

Reaction score
Well considering the Droid will do more than the Ipad I see no reason to ever own one. And besides the ipad is kind of hard to get into my pants pocket. Mobile phones are the future not tablets (trust me on this...that's the reason Lenova bought back their mobile division). Fold out and roll out screens for mobile phones will change everything (as well as much faster processors).

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like it. I wouldn't use it for the Ebook aspect of it, but it would be the perfect internet machine to walk around my job with. Also now that we have wifi tethering with the droid, it will be that much more useful to me to surf the web at places with no wifi. (Which will happen rarely, but still cool to have the tethering option.)