Ipad 2 just killed the Xoom

Discussion in 'Motorola Xoom' started by patfactorx, Mar 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mickdabom

mickdabom New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well im definantly getting the xoom... apple can go rot. Im a person that actually cares if what im getting is legitimate. I have put in about 60 hours researching every single aspect of the xoom.
    Apple prooducts are childish. They lack actual evidence of being any good. People ask me all time.... is that an ipad? And so i tell them no. Its one of the most amazing devices ever built. Tell me does the ipad support sd? Flash? Usb a? Micro? Hdmi? 16:9/16:10? No. It doesnt. Im proud to not be 'following the croud'. I am proud to own several android devices.

Sent from my A101IT using DroidForums App

2. bthomp21

bthomp21 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    LOL apple is childish? That has to be the dumbest response I have ever heard. It's a tablet, you want it to be superfast and do all these awesome things. Get a laptop.

Support sd? No, if you need more than 16gb, 32gb, 64gb at ONE time, then you have a really big file or files.
    Flash? funny you ask, does the xoom?
    USB? hook it up to the computer.
    HDMI? really, why is that such a big deal?

Following the crowd? No, its called consumer interest. When a company repeatedly makes great products, they keep customers coming back for more.

You are "not an adult" when awesome comments spit from your fingertips.

3. dfuser312553

dfuser312553 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well they're doing well selling the sherbert out of a product that isn't any good.

4. bthomp21

bthomp21 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, fake numbers from apple. Steve is so poor right now.

5. jkhonea

jkhonea Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +20
    Thank you for the nonsensical and thoroughly biased post. I'm very impressed with your 60 hours on nonbiased research. It shows so well here.

And I hope you understand sarcasm from all of your research, because that is exactly what I wrote. You're acting like the perfect Android fanboy.

6. jkhonea

jkhonea Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +20
    Because people that truly know and appreciate technology are not brand loyal and will have a mix of most everything on the market if it works right and is designed well.

7. mickdabom

mickdabom New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I find your quote filled with far too many excuses. Hdmi really? Well yes. There are many people out there who use hdmi. I use it quite a bit actually. And hook it up to a computer well what about the crowd that doesn't have a computer? And what about alternate ways to transfer files? I don't want to be stuck with one option. And just so you know size wise. I actually filled 40 gb with tv shows and movies on my 101it. Ya when you have the ability to watch things and do things at high a high resolution, then why not do it? I actually am disappointed in Moto for not making a xoom with a higher amount of memory. As to you defending apple, you are right on a few things. I just hate apple products to be perfectly honest. When you say a company delivering good products for years I think you have that one in check. The old ipods were the best. Its the fact that apple is controlling so much with their products that makes me stead even further away.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

8. jkhonea

jkhonea Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +20
    And there you said it, you hate Apple. So are completely biased in your assessment of how it is a "childish device" and no good.

9. Big Lou

Big Lou Member

Ratings:
    +0
    QFT!

I think he took more issue with the way you presented your argument. You sounded like an annoying fanboy. If you don't like the iPad--that's fine--nobody is holding a gun to your head. But putting down an entire company for a product you don't care for is a little ridiculous.

10. Elysian

Elysian Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Having done the exact same thing, I bought the better device, the Xoom.

11. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,003
    Some guys at CNET were talking about wanting to own both platforms. Makes sense, although I'd prefer one seamless integration but until I can break these MS Office bonds (which I don't see happening any time soon)...

12. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Sixty hours of research and only this silliness? Can't imagine what you would have said with only forty hours.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.