Ipad 2 just killed the Xoom

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
but then again the Xoom is now $539. So i unno they are a LOT more competitive now

http://cdn.androidpolice.com/wp-con...Priced-at-539-Droid-Life-A-Droid-Communi3.png

Smart move. Is that definitely unsubsidized pricing? I thought you could do some contracts through Sam's but wasn't sure.

Can't subsidize a WiFi only product :icon_ banana:

Didn't see that from the original pic. If that's the case, that's a very smart move on their behalf and really should get their sales moving. It would suck to be one of the original people to have bought the Xoom with this price drop. Hopefully they might be able to get at least some of the difference in cost back by price matching at stores.

kennyc

Reaction score
If moto wants to sell more than a few thousand xooms I expect we will see a commensurate price drop shortly after the 10th. At a lower price I am willing and able to overlook some of the first gen issues.

Hell I bet Costco's already sold that many.

mickdabom

Reaction score
Okay how about a solid test then? Which one literally performs the greatest? Apple has an amazing thing know as originality. And that's what's good at the time. Honestly if the ipad 2 would have been released with the resolution being introduced on the ipad 3 I would've gotten it that's simply amazing. But sadly it didn't.
Apple has paved a path of technological privileges. But now the rest are here to continue paving.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Okay how about a solid test then? Which one literally performs the greatest? Apple has an amazing thing know as originality. And that's what's good at the time. Honestly if the ipad 2 would have been released with the resolution being introduced on the ipad 3 I would've gotten it that's simply amazing. But sadly it didn't.
Apple has paved a path of technological privileges. But now the rest are here to continue paving.

No. apple will continue to innovate and everyone else will continue to play catch up. You're suggesting that apple has reached the pinnacle of it's originality and now has handed the torch to android? You need another sixty hours.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Newton122189

Reaction score
Oh, and I would have said the same thing without being a moderator. That has nothing to do with it. But thanks for mentioning it anyway.

All you have done for the last 10 pages is make snide remarks at people, you aren't contributing anything aside from being combative. How you became a super moderator is beyond me.

Elysian

Reaction score

No. apple will continue to innovate and everyone else will continue to play catch up. You're suggesting that apple has reached the pinnacle of it's originality and now has handed the torch to android? You need another sixty hours.

:rofl3: iOS does need a bit of an overhaul though, especially the notifications system.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
It's really not bad. I have full calendar, document, phone, email and tasking platform integration going great between my Windows desktop, Droid Incredible, wife's iPhone 4, iPod Touch, iPad, and MacBook Pro, on both the Mac and Windows sides. I can enter any item on one of those devices and it will transfer all platforms perfectly. In the calendar, task, email and phone situations, it does it instantly with push integration. There are some great conduits out there now.

True, it's really not bad, but far from what it could be. And phones/tablets/pc is only the start. Fragmentation?!? LOL, you ain't seen nothing yet.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Oh, and I would have said the same thing without being a moderator. That has nothing to do with it. But thanks for mentioning it anyway.

All you have done for the last 10 pages is make snide remarks at people, you aren't contributing anything aside from being combative. How you became a super moderator is beyond me.

Actually I have made a lot of remarks about comparing the products and how both have something very good to bring to the table. And that both are necessary for competition to push them both to improve and bring prices down. And my posts are far from what I am capable of as far as snide. Are they snips at the people that have brought on the remarks? Yup. They certainly are.

You may want to go back and look at the rest of my posts on the rest of the overall board before passing down judgement. If you have concerns about me, feel free to contact the admin.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
It's really not bad. I have full calendar, document, phone, email and tasking platform integration going great between my Windows desktop, Droid Incredible, wife's iPhone 4, iPod Touch, iPad, and MacBook Pro, on both the Mac and Windows sides. I can enter any item on one of those devices and it will transfer all platforms perfectly. In the calendar, task, email and phone situations, it does it instantly with push integration. There are some great conduits out there now.

True, it's really not bad, but far from what it could be. And phones/tablets/pc is only the start. Fragmentation?!? LOL, you ain't seen nothing yet.

You've so completely got that right. I wish there was a push for a common conduit platform between them all, but I'm sure that won't happen. Would level the playing field between all of the players too much. Google has been the best at integration through their conduits for the items I mentioned above and I forgot about Google Docs. I hadn't really used that before the other week, but that's a really fantastic innovation.

mickdabom

Reaction score
Really? Have you ever heard of the blackberry playbook? Maybe windows phone 7? Talk of the playstation phone. Well yeah a little bit more than just android. And 60 hours of waiting watching spec viewing comparing. Apple will continue to make good products. its not like their stopping.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
:rofl3: iOS does need a bit of an overhaul though, especially the notifications system.

They are due for some new work. I'm curious to know what they have in the works for the next iteration. With the continued Android growth, I don't see that they can completely ignore the way the Android platform works. If they did, I would be shocked and it would be shortsighted of them. Hopefully they both continue to push each other.

Newton122189

Reaction score

Actually I have made a lot of remarks about comparing the products and how both have something very good to bring to the table. And that both are necessary for competition to push them both to improve and bring prices down. And my posts are far from what I am capable of as far as snide. Are they snips at the people that have brought on the remarks? Yup. They certainly are.

You may want to go back and look at the rest of my posts on the rest of the overall board before passing down judgement. If you have concerns about me, feel free to contact the admin.

I've read the whole thread, you made some good comments along the way, but you made plenty of nasty ones directed at other users as well. It just seems like you should act more professional if your a super moderator. Kind of setting a bad example dont you think?

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Really? Have you ever heard of the blackberry playbook? Maybe windows phone 7? Talk of the playstation phone. Well yeah a little bit more than just android. And 60 hours of waiting watching spec viewing comparing. Apple will continue to make good products. its not like their stopping.

Blackberry needs the Playbook to be successful because the Android and iPhones are pulling their users left and right. If the Playbook fails, they are in trouble.

Windows Mobile 7 might be good. Haven't tried it yet. But they have to win back a lot of people that left them because of how abysmal everything up to 6.5 was.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

You can jailbreak it and have status bar notifications I believe

Status
Not open for further replies.