Ipad 2 and Xoom owners PLEASE read

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
The transformer is great using polaris! Easy to work with and pretty cool too. I use it to edit and create med charts and update existing charts for animals. And hasn't had a problem yet!
If your wife is going to use it for work (patients, meds, type stuff) I am sure she will be very happy with it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Just ordered the Asus Transformer today! Docking station was out of stock. :icon_eek: Watched some youtube vids on it and its truly awesome to say the least. Very versitile.

Let us know how you like it.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
You should have just got a laptop for the price you will spend on a tab. Laptops are 10x more capable than a tab.

Sent from my fascinate

DroidItLikeItsHot

Reaction score
I've got an ipad2 at home and have been a big fan of it for a while... but a friend of mine brought over his new Asus Transformer yesterday and that thing was SICK!! :)

And @jkloekner nailed it... Polaris Office works great to create .doc files.

alternatively You can email it directly from Pages as a .doc. When you email something, a box will come up asking what format you want it in. Or you can "Sent to iTunes." The same dialog will come up, asking what format you want the document in, then you can plug it into iTunes, and retrieve the file from the shared files.

If you wish to save it on the iPad as a word doc, you might want to consider a 3rd party app, instead of Pages. Docs2Go and QuickOffice will both allow you to open, edit, and save a Word document.

I will say though, as much as i love my ipad (and my wife loves her XOOM) and i ordered an Asus Transformer last night after getting to use one. ( i really like the keyboard docking idea...) I might end up selling my ipad... HAHA!

has anyone used the Mini hdmi output with the sling-player app on the Transformer? is it any different than the XOOM? Also has anyone tried using it with an Alternative display device such as a hotel TV or portable projector?

Just saw this post on the "transformer forum" answers my questions if anyone else way curious...

"OK so i got super impatient... broke down and picked up the proHD form best buy... haha!

after getting it hooked up last night it worked pretty well! I was pretty anxious/excited to try it out from the office and ended up making a spaz-y youtube video of my using it in our (crappy) board room...

[video=youtube;buHfv4NtLA4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buHfv4NtLA4[/video]

I used my M2 (a super portable micro projector) that i use for meetings that i have to travel to (a lot!) It worked so seamlessly... :) :) :)

Here is a link to the projector to see it specs: AAXA M2 Micro Projector - LCoS Hand-held Mini Projector - XGA LED Pocket Projector
this is the slingbox i got: Sling Media: Slingbox - Best Buy" --(some user named "Trance")

DroidItLikeItsHot

Reaction score
after having the transformer for a bit im pretty stoked on it... the only thing im not a fan of is the plastic back... it help a little that it had a texture but it still felt a little flexible and cheep...

but to be fare it's screen + performance make up for it! i'm pretty stoked on it. :)

and apparently that "trance" guy made a different video... that pretty much convinced me to get the Slingbox+player app.

[video=youtube;N_AFAPJGSLs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_AFAPJGSLs]YouTube - ‪Using My Asus Tranformer Tablet with My aaxa M2 Micro Projector + Slingbox‬‏[/video]

OP
huskur

huskur

Reaction score
Man, I am loving the transformer. Simply a beautiful tablet and stellar tablet so far.

devedsmith

Reaction score
I have had an iPad and I moved to the Xoom and I absolutely love it. Much more versatile than the iPad and certainly better quality. The iPad always felt cheap to me and is so limited to what it can do. The iPad 2 has made improvements but I still love the Xoom more. As usual, Apple is behind the curve and is really good at hype.