iP4 beautifully simple....?

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I try not to, the title deceived me. I thought maybe someone actually was going to post something nice for a change, I was wrong. Plus there are atleast 2-3 threads at all times in the most recent threads about apple.

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
I'm def not an apple fan and I like two teams, the red sox, and anyone who beats the yankees

bryanthecomputerguy

Reaction score
I don't even have my Droid yet. But I very thankful for the iPhone because without the iPhone the Droid and Android OS probably wouldn't have evolved so quickly to greatness it is today. I can't stand the iPhone bashing either. There is no one size fits all in phone technology.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Then it hit me... iphone is for the simple minds and lazy that want everything done for them... they may own a "smartphone" in theory but its really a "simplephone" nothing wrong with this its just a realization I had.
In other fields of interest that I have we call these "appliances". Like your toaster. You put toast in, maybe set how dark you want it, push the button and go.

There are appliances all over the place. Looking down on those that prefer them is silly because no one is an enthusiast of every single thing out there. Sometimes you want a machine that just reliably does what is designed to do and nothing else.

As an example, a lot of people prefer appliance cars -- something reliable with an automatic transmission that gets from point A to point B. As an enthusiast who loves the actual driving experience and feeling of synergy that I get with a good, manual transmission performance car I don't get that mindset. However, neither one is right or wrong. It's the fanboys (and, make no mistake, every camp has them, including the Droid world) that state otherwise.

As much of a fan I am of my Droid, I do recognize that Apple does tend to excel in product design and simple and elegant interface design. I actually own and still frequently use an iPod as I am still very happy with it.

Last edited:

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
Good point. IMO though, android OS is a cut above IPhone's OS hands down. Just my opinion, and you know what they say about that.

Does that make me fan boy? :p

I would love to see an Android OS for personal computers...

Dark_Jedi

Reaction score
Good point. IMO though, android OS is a cut above IPhone's OS hands down. Just my opinion, and you know what they say about that.

Does that make me fan boy? :p

I would love to see an Android OS for personal computers...

I agree...android OS on a PC would be sick..