IP address?

MzKelly

Reaction score
So, I need to put an IP address for some apps on my droid.. how do I know what it is? I can't find one on my phone. I'm stupid so I'm sorry but please help.

OP
M

MzKelly

Reaction score
Port Number

Okay, one more thing. How do I know my port number? I'm trying to use transdroid..

Zion

Reaction score
Torrent/IP help

yes please, trying to use transdroid, dont know how to start downloading content. found what i wanted through search, but keeps asking me to open settings menu to enter your server daemon details. what is that?

also for webcam ip lite, i need my ip, (wich i have) but how do i set it up so i can see my home webcam on my laptop?

thanks in advanced for help!!!!:)

Zion

Reaction score
transdroid

yea, im totally lost, am i downloading torrents on my droid or on mylaptop? so confusing....can i download a movie or video on teh droid and watch it there? how do i get all the information, numbers, ports, ips etc etc i need and where do i put them? help!!!!!!!

i have bittorrent on my laptop.....

Reverse Internet

Reaction score
Reverse Internet

We’ve recently launched new competitive research tool that allows you to do reverse IP lookups on websites just like myipneighbours.com and similar tools. But it also does much – more you can look up related websites based on Google Analytics and Adsense IDs and nameservers. The tool is FREE to use.

Last edited:

techandtutor

Reaction score
ip port transdroind ****

Okay, one more thing. How do I know my port number? I'm trying to use transdroid..

So these are the things to use for what you are trying todo.
the best free app for you ip address on your droid is ipdroid, you get from the market.
This will tell your both your internal and external ip address. Depending on what you are trying to do, you may need both.

I am going to write this response under the assumption that are using transdroid on your droid to access your home computer for torrenting

First off you do not need to know the ip address of your droid

You need to know your the computer's extern and internal ip address that you are using for torrent software on.

to get you computers internal address on xp goto start -> run. type cmd in the box and hit ok. on vista and 7 just type cmd in the search box. when the dos shell comes up type ipconfig take the ip address down and the default gateway address
also if you need to know on mac or linux/unix just repost and I answer how to do that.

to get the external goto my http://whatismyip.org/
once you have all that info. you need to configure your router to open the port(s) and configure utorrent or whatever you use.

in utorrent goto options -> preferences.
click webui. Then click the check box that says "enable web ui"
also click the checkbox next to alternate listening port. set the value to whatever you like between 1022 and 65535 I do 8080 cause normal websites run on 80. But whatever you like is fine click apply and ok.

Your router is a whole other story. You need to point your web browser to http://[I]gatewayaddress[/I]which means type the number your default gateway into your web browser after http://
then find port forwarding and configure your router to forward port 8080 or whatever number you used to your internal ip address.

the last thing to do is add server to transdroind and give it your external ip address and your port to 8080. and you should be good to go

--
Jason
acomputertechandtutor.com