invisibleSHIELD - three months later

MJ5150

Reaction score
I have had my Droid for just about four months now. The day I bought it, I went to my local mall and had the kiosk guy put the invisibleSHIELD screen protector on it like I've done with all my other phones. A few weeks later, I took my cousin by to the same guy so he could get a screen protector on his and the guy offers to do the full body protection for $10. I agree.

The screen protector is doing great. No problems whatsoever. The full body protection is a little different. The tiny piece next to the power button came off, and the short piece to the left of the charging port moves around. When it was applied, you could not see the pieces at all. After a couple months of bouncing around in my pocket and so on, you can now see the edges on a few pieces. It almost looks like the pieces are outlined in a fine white line. A couple of the corners started to peel back where the two different pieces meet.

I'm not complaining or bashing the product. I love invisibleSHIELD. I'll buy a screen protector from them when I get my Nexus One. I just wanted to give everyone a heads up on my experience in case anyone was considering this purchase. I would still recommend them overall.

-Mike

Magdroid

Reaction score
I too had a great experience with InvisibleSHIELD. I got the screen protector only. It worked great, until I had to return my droid to Verizon for issues. I had it on there since November. (I returned my droid last week). I got the Seidio Screen protector. I LOVE THIS THING. It feels like the actual glass. And holds up GREAT. I put it on using windex and a credit card. It works awsome.

I loved the invisibleSHIELD, but I didn't like the stickiness when trying to flick the screen or pinch2zoom. That is why I would recommend Seidio.

Sp3aK

Reaction score
I messed up on the installation of two Invisible Shield screen protectors. The wasn't anyone in the area to put them on when you buy them. Over a year ago it worked out superb for my iPod touch and it's still on and doing great today. I also put on the screen protectors for my wifes env3 without a hitch.

Guess the droid just didn't like it.....

ANYWAYS, the real point I had (to actually stay on topic) is that I had put the rest of the body pieces on without a problem. Okay well almost all of them. I put on the following pieces:

- All back pieces (top thin strip above camera came off after a short time)
- Trim pieces for the bezel surrounding the front screen (took them off when I got my Seidio Innocase so the front piece would fit)
- Screen protector (I bought two because I suck at life and failed at getting both of them on right)

If you just RELAX and do it you'll be fine. I psyched myself out I think and ended up costing myself $30 -_-

I did just get an Seidio Innocase so I guess the protectors (other than the screen) aren't really needed now.

etx_droid

Reaction score
I had the same experience with my previous phone...the screen protector has been flawless, but all the other pieces systematically started to come off and eventually fall off.

tmwfla

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick write-up. I've had the Ghost Armor full body on since I picked up my Droid and my experience is about the same. Like you, I'm still happy I did it, but I wish the "body parts" would hold up a little better. It's tough, though, considering the side parts are so thin; they're bound to move around a little. I had to trim the top of mine a bit for the car dock, and I peeled one of the shorter pieces off myself as well.
The only "real" drawback to these full body shields, IMHO, is that I miss the soft Teflon feel, which is a really nitpicking thing.

Tojus

Reaction score
I've had my invisible shield since launch also, I had the zagg skin background which came off immediately because the colors were off and it went like crap. The screen itself has lasted ok, but a recent fall from my car dock left a giant scratch in the shield from hitting some rocks/salt on my floor mat.

I wonder what would have happened to my screen if I didnt have the protector =/

mikenilson

Reaction score
I've had my invisible shield since launch also, I had the zagg skin background which came off immediately because the colors were off and it went like crap. The screen itself has lasted ok, but a recent fall from my car dock left a giant scratch in the shield from hitting some rocks/salt on my floor mat.

I wonder what would have happened to my screen if I didnt have the protector =/

Did it fall out of the OEM Car Dock? I just put on an Invisible shield on my Droid and just ordered the OEM Car Dock. How is the fit? Did its falling out have anything to do with having the invisible shield on?

92SHO16

Reaction score
I install the invisheild the day i bought my droid, wasn't ever really displeased but really did not think it was great. I put on a boxwave screen protector today and will never use an invisishield protector again. The boxwave is as smooth as glass where i always felt the invisishield had a plastic type feel.

Detonation

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I picked up an IS as a backup (because I got it for 70% off) knowing they hold up after having one on my Creative Zen for 2 year. Didn't know how i'd like the texture on a touch screen so I tried some other brands first. Currently have a Body Guardz going on 2 months and its doing great. No peeling, but the film on the screens has marks you can see in the glare. Can't really feel them are see them head on though. Much better than the awful Phantom Skinz I first tried. I already made a topic about that here

nighthawk700

Reaction score
I install the invisheild the day i bought my droid, wasn't ever really displeased but really did not think it was great. I put on a boxwave screen protector today and will never use an invisishield protector again. The boxwave is as smooth as glass where i always felt the invisishield had a plastic type feel.

Anti-Glare or Crystal? And how is it with fingerprint smudging? I had an invisishield on my old palm, which was fine because I didn't use my fingers that much, but on the droid, I'm finger intensive.

Thanks

ytwokc5

Reaction score
I had the InvisibleShield on my LG Dare for 18 months. No doubt it protected the screen. What I did not realize was how much I was giving up in touch screen usability because of the tacky feel of the Invisible Shield. I took the shield off my Dare just before I sold it and I could not believe how much more responsive it was! I typically put my phone in my pocket and I found the Invisible Shield to be a lint magnet.

I decided to put the Steinheil Crystal on my Droid. Definitely gets smudged, but it's easy to wipe clean. I don't have the tacky problem with the Steinheil, next to impossible to tell it's even on. The Steinheil also does not attract lint!

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a Love/Hate relationship with IS. I got one for my 1st gen iPod Touch. In the beginning it was great! But after a few months it started to peel, dirt got stuck in some of the flap on the back, it had a yellowish tinge, and it eventually had a few poke marks in it.
I've somehow resisted buying a protective shield/hardcover case for my Droid (despite my addiction to them lol) so now my Droid is naked and I carry it around in a leather Sena Kutu Droid case :D

92SHO16

Reaction score

Anti-Glare or Crystal? And how is it with fingerprint smudging? I had an invisishield on my old palm, which was fine because I didn't use my fingers that much, but on the droid, I'm finger intensive.

Thanks

So far ive notive smudges less so i would say the invisishield is a little worse when it comes to showing fingerprint smudges.