InvisibleShield and Snap on Gel Cover Review

modified

Reaction score
Heys guys. I have not seen a single review of the silicone case that the Verizon Store sells so i thought i would provide one. I will also give my thoughts on the InvisibleShield.

Snap-On Gel Cover

Here is the link of it OEM Verizon Motorola Droid A855 Black Snap On Gel Cover - eBay (item 180443700641 end time Jan-08-10 13:31:13 PST)

However, I purchased it directly from the Verizon store today at a discount, totalling to $12. It is the same exact one.

So, how good is it?

Installation:
It is extremely easy to apply, simply snap it in place, first around the bottom part of the phone, and next the touch screen. It is very snug and feels very tight. Removal is extremely easy as well, and comes off without a problem. Simply peel the corners and it is off.

Feel/Look:

Once applied, the case adds a little weight to the phone that is quite noticeable. However, it is nothing bad and in fact, i like it. The case does not feel like a stretchy, cheap silicone case, but as a high quality rubber gel. It provides a fantastic grip due to the little tiny craters on it. As a downside, it does attract lint, but that is something that i can live with. It looks fantastic and as mentioned above, is very snug and tight.

In Action:
Unlike most cases, this one does not block any important ports in the phone. The volume button is covered, but there is a rubber replica of it that is positioned perfectly. The charging/USB port is positioned great and so is the power/lock button with the 3.5mm headphone jack. On the back, there is a precise cut out for the camera and the speaker. However, not the whole line of the speaker is cut out, and just an inch long portion. After using the speakerphone and music player with and without the case i was surprised to learn that the case does not block the volume too much. It is almost as clear with as without it. The top row of the physical keyboard is absolutely usable and none of the case overlays the keys. It offers great protection from fall damage since it sorta of 'bounces' the phone from the impact. Furthermore, it is safe to put the phone down with the touch screen touching the table without worrying of scratching it since the case offers a little leverage there.

InvisibleShield:

I have used the InvisibleShield on my iPod touch and i loved it. I have tried many screen protectors, and this one is the best, even if it does cost an insane amount. It feels nice and rubbery without offering resistance. It is very, very, very hard to scratch and fingerprints are almost invisible, and easy to remove if needed. Anyways, installing it is a little annoying, but, in the end, it does pay off. I only bought the front screen protection since the full body coverage is a waste of money. The installation requires a lot of light, and some luck. It took me 3 times to align it with the droid, but it was probably due to the bad lighting in my living room, and i could not see anything. I did manage to get a speck of dust under it, but the cool thing is that it is reusable, meaning that i could take it off, wash it, and re apply it. Nifty huh? But, that particle of dust is so small that i did not bother. Many people complain about a 'rainbow' look to it. Yes, for the next week or two you might experience this, it's just the liquid under the shield. Don't worry, it goes away, and you could even speed the process up with a hair dryer. Once it is dry, (1-2 weeks, not 24 hours like the pamphlet says) it looks amazing. Don't forget, if you really f**k up with the installation, you always have the lifetimes warranty. I used it on my iPod 5times in 2months just to try it out, and i got 5 invisible shields for free, and i did not even pay shipping. (Need to know how to ask them politely)

Both of these items work together, first the shield, and then the case. The case does not in any way interfere with the InvisibleShield and they both go very nice together. If anyone has any doubts about any items, dismiss them because both of these items offer amazing protection for your droid. Hope i helped.

If you need help installing either of these items, please ask and i will make a video.

I <3 the :motdroidhoriz::motdroidvert:

Last edited:

gee1785

Reaction score
I went through about four of these cases and did not find a single one that fit correctly. The top left corner and the area near the camera button never fit correctly.

cuskit

Reaction score
I use the gel cover and love it! Mine fits perfectly! Lucky? :)

Don't be deceived by the speaker grill on the phone. The speaker is no larger than the hole in your gel cover. It has been noted here in the forums that it's only for aesthetics that they have a grill across the entire back of the phone. That's why you don't notice any muted levels of sound with the cover on. Or so they say..

cuskit

ebay2tr

Reaction score
Cover & Cradle no match

I bought the gel cover and loved the fit and feel. I got the cradle/ docking station for Christmas and the phone won't fit in it with the cover on. I had to opt to lose the cover in order to use the cradle....grrr.

eg92b16a2

Reaction score
what did yu ask to not get charged for shipping on replacements if I may ask?

suspectdevice

Reaction score
Same issue here, though I'm on my first one. Im going to the store tommorrow and will try all the ones on the shelf if I have to.

Clownassasin

Reaction score
I went through about four of these cases and did not find a single one that fit correctly. The top left corner and the area near the camera button never fit correctly.

This happened to me but what I end up doing was jsut taking some sand paper and rubbing it down so that way it would fit nicely :icon_ banana:

ny00n

Reaction score
Whoo! I am in love with this case, picked it up today at verizon and its flawless! Feels great and snapped in perfectly. In my opinion it does make the physical keyboard a little harder to use though: there's no space between the top row of keys and the case. I am ultimately satisfied with the case though, I recommend it!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I used the InvisibleShield body case (front and back) on my old iPhone. It is fantastic!
I messed up the first install, called, and they sent me an entire replacement kit for free and no shipping. The air bubbles and pocket disappear.

Mike