Invisible Text

dard12

Reaction score
I've run into this problem quite a few times with my Droid and was curious if anyone else is having problems with it. What did you do to fix it?

So basically I'll get a new text message and I'll open my text and begin to send a reply. But what I'm typing isn't physically showing up on the screen in the text box. But the auto correction feature is still trying to guess the word I'm typing as if all is working correctly, but nothing is showing it as being typed. The 'Send' button is also grayed out.

A temporary fix I've found is just to close messaging with Task Killer, but just this last time I had to hard reset the phone to fix the issue.

Anyone else encountering this?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Which app?

OP
dard12

dard12

Reaction score
I'm using the Messaging app that was built with the phone.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I'm using the Messaging app that was built with the phone.

Have you tried another one to see if the same issue happens?
Handcent is a decent one to try...Trying to see is it an app or phone issue.

OP
dard12

dard12

Reaction score
It rarely happens so it's hard to test where the problem lies.

Yes, I've tried Handcent but wasn't a fan, but the next time the issue occurs I'll open up Handcent and see if that fixes the problem.

It's very annoying though.

cgarnes

Reaction score
I've got that same problem using Handcent, Messaging, and in any textbox... its especially annoying in Facebook fir Android (and that apparently has LOTS of issues).

The only fix I've found is to use ATK to close apps. For me, this is a fairly new problem. Have had my Droid since 11/6.

I've noticed memory is low when this happens. About 37 MB.

I've been removing unneeded apps.

OP
dard12

dard12

Reaction score
See I didn't have a problem with it till this past time because it didn't occur that often. I killed all the open apps and did all the tricks I've previously done to fix the issue but this time it didn't fix it after about 5 minuets of messing with it. So I was forced to hard reset.

cgarnes

Reaction score
I think this all started about two weeks ago. For me, anyhow. I thought it was some kind of memory resource issue.

Even now, Droid is acting weird. Choppy. Rough uneven scrolling, too.

Delayed reactions. Network lagging kinda thing.

southbend44

Reaction score
I too have had this issue with both Handcent and the built in message app. Each time I have powered off the phone, re-powered and the "blind" text issue was resolved. Handcent on my phone has been painfully slow in recent weeks....a several second lag before the app actually opens up.