Invisible Shield

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Markee, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Markee

Markee New Member

Has anyone purchased and used the invidible shield for the Motorola Droid?
    Interested to know the results and suitability... Thanks
  2. mr.deux

mr.deux New Member

I have one and love it! I highly recommend getting one
  3. DroidFan

DroidFan New Member

I had invisible shield for my BB Pearl and loved it! It really protected the casing when I accidentally dropped it once... not a scratch! I haven't gotten one for the Droid yet... Not that I intend to return my beloved Droid, but I was waiting for the 30-day trial period before I start purchasing unreturnable accessories... but I'll probably get one in the next week or so.
  4. Markee

Markee New Member

Are you saying that it does not affect screen sensitivity? I think that would be my only concern (along with making sure you could get it off without any "sticky goo" on the device...

Comments?
  5. DroidFan

DroidFan New Member

I can't speak to the sensitivity issue, but I can say when I took the IS off my BB, there was NO "sticky goo" (nice technical term! :) ) left on the device at all.
  6. Markee

Markee New Member

Sticky Goo is one of the Droid technical terms... I plan to purchase the Shield myself

Let the force be with us... hopefully enough force to work through the shield...
  7. soyboy

soyboy New Member

An IS, or similar product, should be the first accessory that you purchase for your Droid.
  8. RTracer

RTracer New Member

I just clickied on the add for one at the top of the page.
    $25...SNAP!! Is that for only one?
  9. cLovis_ll

cLovis_ll New Member

i believe for that price, its the whole body option..
  10. coolkidd

coolkidd New Member

I am a fan of invisible shield as well.... I have bought the product, but only used the front and back covers... the side covers, I left it alone.

It takes a lot of patience installing it, so better have enough time and do not rush....:)
  11. mr.deux

mr.deux New Member

yes that is the price and it is well worth it! I have not had any issues with the sensitivity either. before I put mine on the guy in the store had one on his and side by side i couldn't notice a difference.
  12. xistencz

xistencz New Member

get phantomskinz. invisible shield doesn't cover the corners as well as phontomskinz (trust me i bought both). plus they give u two sets for the price of one!
  13. Big Cam

Big Cam New Member

Anyone else ahve any more input on this? Does it make the phone really grippy?

Also how is the sensitivity, and actual protection?
  14. Big Cam

Big Cam New Member

If it's so good, why would you get two? Seems like they are expecting it to fail?
  15. artiface

artiface New Member

I bought the invisible shield and put it on first thing when I got the droid. Getting it on was a bit tricky. Once on it worked well and the screen seemed plenty sensitive. It also comes off clean, only problem is it comes off too easily. After less than a week going in and out of my pocket the shield started to peel off.

After taking it off I realized the screen was a bit more sensitive without it on. I've been using the droid without any shield for the past few weeks and the screen seem very resistant to scratching. I might put the invisible shield back on when I get the replacement, but i'm not sure if I really need it.
  16. jrocketdroid

jrocketdroid New Member

I recommend it. I started with the screenshield alone, and then moved to the full body shield. I do agree that Invisishield does not cover the corners as well, but I don't worry too much, and I trust the vendor, although to be fair I've never dealt with Phantom Skins.

There was a slight, slight differente in the sensitivity of the screen, but nothing to complain about.

IMHO, buying the screen cover to protect from scratches is sufficient. I know some people are of the opinion that the screen is strong enough and doesn't require extra protection, but I am the type that would rather have the protection on instead of thinking "shoulda put on the shield" after the screen/phone is damaged.
  17. Big Cam

Big Cam New Member

Cool, thanks for your input. january can't come soon enough.
  18. nb2a

nb2a New Member

I bought the invisible shield and first thing I noticed in the package was the warranty.They say they will not cover it if you have any issues installing it. I have installed window tint on cars this is the same technique used. It did not adhere as it is supposed to and no matter how the clean the surface it had bubbles under it that would not squeegee out.The pieces were not labeled and had no instructions at all.In my view nothing more than a mail order scam since no one would bother to return it.I would like to give something else a try.Good luck.