Invisible Shield voids CPO?

flipboi120

Reaction score
So a couple months ago I post a thread about how my trackpad stopped working and how I could fix it. One reply suggested I CPO it at Verizon. I tried that and here is what i came up with...

The clerk was about ready to set me up with a CPO and mentioned, "As long as it's not damaged or wet, you should be fine". So I remembered that I had put on an invisibleSHIELD from ZAGG and prior to putting it on, you need to wet the film. Around the trackpad button, I remember some of the liquid went in the cracks but i didn't think much of it. So I mentioned this to the clerk and he said "yea that will void it and you'll get billed the full retail price if you do a CPO" so I declined it.

Has this happened to anyone or know for sure that using invisibleSHIELD will void your ability to CPO?

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Tip of the talk, you shouldnt have mentioned doing a wet apply. Although i dont see that it would have caused an issue,/if you kept the battery out and let the phone dry for a day or two like Zagg recommends.

Still, i think it was either wrong or stupid of the rep to deny you a cpo claim because of a screen protector. Did he tell you that wet applications are an issue? Have you read anywhere that they can cause damage? Do other people have issues with wet applying a zagg breaking parts?

Id take your phone to another store and keep hush about that. By all means lie if you have to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I also have the invisible shield. The stuff they use isnt water. Its an electronic friendly activation solution to active the sticky stuff on the back of the screen protector. It shouldnt cause any issues.

TurboDub

Reaction score
I also have the invisible shield. The stuff they use isnt water. Its an electronic friendly activation solution to active the sticky stuff on the back of the screen protector. It shouldnt cause any issues.

is it really elctoni friendly!? i put my shield on like just 5 mins ago and freaked out bc i saw all the water go down by the trackpad and i didnt know what to do!! haha. it wont damage any of the internal parts? also the microbubbles under the shield (the ones i struggled to get out but absolutley couldnt) they make the screen a little blurry in certain places. will they go away???

Reaction score
Should be. These are just my assumptions. A company that large shouldnt be bottling water for electronics.

From their FAQ's

SHIELDspray is the ultimate solution for applying the invisibleSHIELD to your device. One complimentary install kit is included with every invisibleSHIELD order. SHIELDspray is not an adhesive. It is a liquid based solution that helps smooth the application of the invisibleSHIELD. To purchase extra bottles of SHIELDspray, please
What I find interesting is that if you go to Zagg's site Verizon is listed as a dealer for them. If they void warranty why do they carry their products? Id raise that issue with them.

For the microbubbles you should be able to use a hair dryer on them and they should squeeze right out. I had the guys at Best Buy do mine when I bought my phone. They do it for free.

TurboDub

Reaction score
well is there even such thing as electronic friendly liquids? and also you mean just hit the whole phone with a blow dryer? ike take out my battery and point the hair dryer at the screen with the shield on it and then use the squeegie to press em out? could heating ti liek that be hazardous to the material of the shield or the phone itself?

Reaction score
well is there even such thing as electronic friendly liquids? and also you mean just hit the whole phone with a blow dryer? ike take out my battery and point the hair dryer at the screen with the shield on it and then use the squeegie to press em out? could heating ti liek that be hazardous to the material of the shield or the phone itself?

Sure are electronic friendly liquids. Id take the battery out. When you do window tint on a vehicle you heat the film to get the bubbles out. I assume it should be the same concept here. Or you can wet your fingers and life and re-squeegee the film until its perfect.

Reaction score
I dont think it would, but to be safe make sure you start off at a fair distance on low heat. As your heating make sure you move it and dont hold it in one spot. The plastic backing may warp if it gets too hot.

TurboDub

Reaction score
okay im gonna do that after work tonight. ill keep you posted. but another thing i just noticed my trackpad is acting up alittle. when i open my messages it keeps panning to the right and switch between the screen that says voicemails and the screen where i would access my voicemails. it has happened a few times before the shield but now it has happened 3 times i nthe past hour. eh idk i never use the trackpad but its a little annoying

Reaction score
Id turn it off and remove the battery and let it sit for a bit to make sure its totally dried out.

I had a cat spill a water bottle on my laptop last year and I immediately unplugged it and took all the important pieces I could out of it. I put a box fan on it to dry it out. Try a bag of rice or something and it may speed the drying process along.

TurboDub

Reaction score
better yet i think i might jsut go back to best buy and have the guy peel it up and re apply it. im kinda of ocd when it coems to my phone and i hate doing ti myself....i feel safer this way anyway, cuz if he messes it up i get a new one on the house =] haha

Reaction score
The screens can only be applied once. Once they are removed you need a new one. The Best Buy will replace it as an exchange for free and just ask them to apply it for you. They will clean the phone and apply it properly. It only takes about 5-10 minutes.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Yeah, that was a great point! If verizon is a reseller of zagg products, then the rep that OP talked to is a moron.

On the bubbles issue, I tried and I tried and I spent a good portion of 15 minutes to try and get the screen protector as bubble-less and clear as possible. After 6 or 7 days it still had a 'filmy' look underneath it.

Not to mention I saw the iPhone key test on youtube, and got curious. I scratched a few times at a part of my battery door with my fingernail, and lo and behold the shield had very obvious scratch marks on it. These are tarted as self healing, well after another 2 weeks of rubbing and coaxing and trying to smooth it out with low heat, the scratch marks were still very visible.

I ended up ditching my invisibleshield for a body glove with no screen protector. It dulled my screen, made small text hard to read, and completely took away the smoothness of using my touchscreen.

TurboDub

Reaction score
Well I bought it from staples not from best buy but they said they change 7.99 just to put it on...now I know why their called the geek squad. But anyways I'm mad and I really want one so i might just repurchase it from best buy ugh and idk it doesn't really dull my txt or anything and idc bout scratches I just hate finger prints on my screen!

Sent from my Incredible Droid