Invisible Shield: Love it or Leave it?

Reaction score
Other then the invisasheild what screen protectors do you use,for the Droid Incredible.? I am looking for the anti-glare screen protectors ,not the ones that have the area for the little scroll ball just the screen protector in itself.I am using this product on a Droid Moto and it works like magic ....so much better then any others that I have used. Verizon sells 3 of them for $16 and I think this is crazy so if someone could tell me a better place and price.
Thank you so much!

OP
RodgerRodger

RodgerRodger

Reaction score
update on SPG Steinheil Crystal Clear screen protector:

Yup, my new screen protector has unfixable bubbles around the optical ball. Is anyone else having this problem? I am getting dissappointed in Steinheil just like Zagg...

It is still very clear and smooth with great visibility, but I dropped the phone on the ground once and now have several deep scratches on the protector which do affect visibility, although it is minor.

Overall, its still a great product but the bubbles that WILL NOT go away and the fact that it can get deeply scratched bothers me. I wish there were better products out there for the money.

Gadawgs29

Reaction score
They are garbage. I had one on my Moto Devour it made the touch pad even harder to recognize me. Also when used with a case it peeled up way to easy.

If ur gonna get any type of protector go with ones by SPG Steinheil they rock and are super thin.

OP
RodgerRodger

RodgerRodger

Reaction score
Gadawgs29: thats what i've been using lately, but none of them adhere around my optical ball (i've tried 4 so far)

do your covers have this issue? I love my steinheil cover but the huge bubble where none of them adhere is driving me crazy

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got one last November and had it on for maybe 20 seconds. While the installation went well, I was unhappy with the amount of lint under it (despite cleaning the screen several times with the supplied cleaner). When it flipped out of my hand onto the floor I gave up.

I was unable to register the Invisible Shield because when I tried, the Droid wasn't there. While I probably would've liked it, I keep my phone in a holster and am careful using it.

canooten

Reaction score
I've come not to like Zagg covers as well. When newly installed, they are pretty good, but if you pocket your phone, they will peel and collect tons of lint.
The warranty is OK, but I'd rather not have to replace my cover every few months.

The only Zagg cover that I currently still use is on my camera LCD. It's got bubbles under it that never worked themselves out (as they should have), but I leave it because it's not that huge a deal on a camera.

I had my Incredible screen cover on for maybe 2 days....my screen kept wigging out due to the weight of the cover (I'm guessing) so I tossed it in the trash (goodbye $20....should have rolled a smoke with the bill).

SilverMystery

Reaction score
i got the invisible shield on my motorola droid that i had before i upgraded to the incredible. i had that droid for a full year and i had the invisible shield put on for me at a kiosk within a week of purchasing the phone.
throughout the entire year i had it, it NEVER peeled at any corners, rippled, moved, or stretched. sometimes it went through some tough conditions like high heat in my car or humidity, and sometimes while doing my hair in the bathroom i got hairspray all over it which is really hard to get off...but no matter what i got on it, all i had to do was take a little square alchohol sterilizing wipe and clean it off and it would be as good as sparkling new. i even kept it in my bag with my keys and junk and it performed perfectly as far as advertised protection. i am 100% satisfied with this screen protector and am waiting for my new one to arrive any day for my incredible. i do not work for zagg and i highly recommend this product.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
My Zagg Shield is doing great on both my Incredible and Ipod touch, the touch has had it for almost two years and still looks new, maybe you guys have no clue how to install it, there is no reason for dust and dirt to be under the shield or under the edges, follow the instructions real slow, make sure you are in a DUST FREE environment, make sure your greasy fingers are cleaned with soap and dried with a nice clean fresh towel "you should have on of those around the house I hope".
First clean your screen with the cloth that was supplied with the shield, make sure there is no lint or dust spots on the screen "yes you can see them", if there is clean it again, spray your fingers and the screen with the solution, now peel off one corner"the top side of the phone section of the shield" of the shield from the backing, make sure you peel it towards the other side, peel it downwards about half an inch, now line it up at the top, once lined up get a credit card or the zagg card and start sliding it accross the shield "make sure the shield is also wet on the top side", as you slide the card downwards and setting the shield, you will be also releasing the remaining shield from its backing without getting your greassy fingers all over it "you need a steady hand, and lots of patience", once shield is installed, keep wetting the top while you use the credit card or zagg card and start pusshing out the liquid that is under the screen, yes it will take some time, as I said before patience is the key.

jake427

Reaction score
Has anyone ever herd of display (screen) protectors causing response problems to the phone, in some cases not immediately but later down the road. The reason I'm writing this is that I called Motorola tech support for a totally different reason, it was to ask if a Verizon's magnetic pouch closure can cause a problem to the phone. The response was that magnets can cause problems unless it's well imbedded in the pouch, however, he did asked me if I use a display protector, I said I do, he said that a display protector is absolutely not recommended because it can cause problems to the phone, slow responses and possibly others in the future. Has anyone anything to add to this because I'm now somewhat confused.

Murray :droideris:

Detonation

Reaction score
Has anyone ever herd of display (screen) protectors causing response problems to the phone, in some cases not immediately but later down the road. The reason I'm writing this is that I called Motorola tech support for a totally different reason, it was to ask if a Verizon's magnetic pouch closure can cause a problem to the phone. The response was that magnets can cause problems unless it's well imbedded in the pouch, however, he did asked me if I use a display protector, I said I do, he said that a display protector is absolutely not recommended because it can cause problems to the phone, slow responses and possibly others in the future. Has anyone anything to add to this because I'm now somewhat confused.

I've been using these kinds of protectors on all my devices over the last 3 years and never once had a problem.

jake427

Reaction score

I've been using these kinds of protectors on all my devices over the last 3 years and never once had a problem.

Thanks, I thought that was the case:heart:

rustydogg

Reaction score
I just took mine off. I'm really dissapointed with thid shield. I bought my droid 2 slightly used from en elder couple. They or someone had installed a pretty good screen shield on it. However it did not cover the whole screen.
It was neat though ans very invisible. My friend could not see it even after I told her that it had a screen protector. It stayed clean and it did not attract dust or lint.
I bought a zagg invisible shield because it covered the top and bottom of the screen not just the displa area.
I was expecting a similar result with all of their claims but I'm extremely dissapointed. The screen looked awful, it got n orange peel surface and it attracted dust and ling around the edges.
After a few weeks of use I could not take it anymore and took it off.
I had kept the old screen protector wich was dirty and a bit dusty. I washed it off with some water and put it back on. It has its imperfections but it looks much better then thr zagg.
Anybody know of a good non sticky screen protector?

Reaction score
All of these screen protectors are *softer* than the screen they are trying to protect... Why would you need a screen protector in the first place? I had an invisible shield once with my old iPhone, and it scratched the first time it went into my pocket with my keys. Without it, the screen has never scratched once - even after being dropped on concrete.

smtom

Reaction score
Don't leave home without it

I have Zagg products on 3 Droid Incredibles, and two DSI XL's.

There is no substitute for these coverings, scratch-resistant glass or not.
The glass will get scratched without them.