Invisi-shield question

codyodyody

Reaction score
I just put on the zagg invisishield. It actually went on smoothly. However when i put it on i slightly covered up the little dot next to the earpiece. What exactly is the "little dot?" dumb question but i am just not sure if i need to reapply

ChalmersP

Reaction score
From what I have gathered, it is a light sensor... If you put your brightness on auto, and cover the dot with your hand, the screen gets darker... Pretty cool if you ask me!

big erick

Reaction score
plus that little dot is the sensor if you put the phone to your face it shuts the light off so you dont press undesired buttons. When you pull it away from your face the light comes back on so you can end the call are whatever. I noticed if you use a snap case that has a little hole cut out for the sensor the light will NOT come back on. I will post a picture later of the type im talking about..

OP
codyodyody

codyodyody

Reaction score
also does the shield eventually clear itself up a little more

big erick

Reaction score
yes it will clear up but I had it and took it off and got my money back. you really dont need it. Go to the store and scratch there screen and see how durable it is LOL. And heres a pic of the case you DONT want. Theres also a video on you tube of someone scratching there droid with keys with no screen protector.

ChalmersP

Reaction score
When you took off the IS, did it leave any residue? I really want to take off mine, but im worried! How did you get a refund?!

OP
codyodyody

codyodyody

Reaction score
why do you want to take yours off? What are the problems with it

ChalmersP

Reaction score
It has dust under it... Even though I cleaned the screen infinite times before applying.... and it feels kind of sticky... Also, when I used the card to apply, it left weird marks on it... not scratches, but stretch marks kindof...

OP
codyodyody

codyodyody

Reaction score
yeah i am worried about the same things happening....im just gonna wait and see what it looks like tomorrow

big erick

Reaction score
dude that thing comes RIGHT up no residue at all. I kept the receipt and told them it was not recognizing my touch on the touch screen. I bought it from best buy. I had one on my storm also that I took back like 7 months after I bought it. I told them I got a replacement phone and it wouldnt look good on there anymore so they gave me a brand new one no questions asked!! Did you check out the case not to use? LOL I know have the snap on case from verizon that feels like leather. I had the rubber one but could barely get it out of my pocket. This ones perfect

buckwheat30us

Reaction score
the screen is durable but i have a scratch on my screen from carrying it in my pocket and that was in the first week so i went and got a screen sheild and a carry case get used to the screen sheild!!! unless you like scratched screens and spending money

Sp3aK

Reaction score
I messed up installing my screen protector (from Zagg) so I took it off after a couple of days and it left no residue at all. I have it on my iPod Touch and I like it a lot. Since Zagg was having 50% off a few days ago I re-ordered the screen protector. I had originally bought the full body protector, I like it.

This phone is kinda weird though with all the angles and stuff, installing all of them was a pain. Actually I didn't even install all of them. I left off the ones that go directly on the side where the where the charging port is.

I guess quite a few people have gotten Best Buy or a Zagg retail location to install them, I would recommend that because then it's some one else's fault if things don't fit right.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Once I installed 1 or 2 it was no big deal. If it's your first you might want to look into having it done. Clean hands, a clean, well-lit working area, a clean device and patience are all you really need.

vagabond251

Reaction score
I had mine done at Best Buy. I ended up having to make a few adjustments but am REALLY satisfied with the result for this particular product. Only using the screen protector, not the full body. For a phone that is not that shiny to begin with, full body seems a bit much...and it would be a pain to apply.

BigG422

Reaction score
I put mine on but I it has dust under it no matter how careful I was. This is my third one I have installed, different phones and mp3 players, and this is the first time I cant get it so there is not dust underneath. I even tried the hot shower to make the dust stay suspended but it just didnt work. I am going to try to get the bottom corner dust out but it may not stay, it just makes the screen look dirty all the time. They used to make a good product but I swear they changed it somehow. Anyone else having the dust problem? I will end by saying I am extremely anal, patient and careful when installing these shields but this time it just isnt working out.

Last edited: