Inverted Google Voice with 1x4 widgets (New as of 6/15/2011)

ben999_

Reaction score
I don't think there are any other threads on this. I've been meaning to update this since the latest version. I'm seeing something interesting in here when I decompile the apk with apktool. There are several folders with localized language strings for many different international languages. From what I understand, google voice has always been US only. I would guess that they are preparing to roll google voice out internationally.

I tried doing a quick recompile with the same xmls from the last version a week or so ago but it didn't recompile nicely. I'm gonna go through each xml and try to find out why.

ben999_

Reaction score
Alright I got this thing workin again. Looks like aside from the multilingual support, there's also a new feedback system built in. I didn't notice until I saw many references to "gf" as in google feedback. If you go to settings in google voice and then scroll to the bottom there is an option called Dogfood settings. Interesting name, maybe because google wants you to throw them a frickin bone?

Download here

FastKatt

Reaction score
The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

tlspatt

Reaction score
Alright I got this thing workin again. Looks like aside from the multilingual support, there's also a new feedback system built in. I didn't notice until I saw many references to "gf" as in google feedback. If you go to settings in google voice and then scroll to the bottom there is an option called Dogfood settings. Interesting name, maybe because google wants you to throw them a frickin bone?

Download here

That's awesome except for the one tweak still needed: you can't see what you're typing as you type it, it's still black-on-black. once you hit send then it's visible in the conversation bubbles. is this an easy fix? thanks for all the work on it thus far though, but it's frustrating to use when you can't see what you're typing!

ben999_

Reaction score
That's awesome except for the one tweak still needed: you can't see what you're typing as you type it, it's still black-on-black. once you hit send then it's visible in the conversation bubbles. is this an easy fix? thanks for all the work on it thus far though, but it's frustrating to use when you can't see what you're typing!

What ROM are you running? Any themes? I'm using CM7 GB Kernel for DroidX with the ICS keyboard and I have a grey background on text input boxes. Anyone else having this problem?

ben999_

Reaction score
I've got the the new version 0.4.2.44 mostly working but the conversation list view text is now all black. Shouldn't take too long to get it looking nice again. I may post up a couple versions with different icons.

Anybody like the look of this?

View attachment 47125

ben999_

Reaction score
Alright I got the new version 0.4.2.44 working nicely. I redesigned the inbox widget with the new icon. The new icon I tweaked with a black phone instead of white. I also made the notification icon the same as the others since it was still the old style. This better fits my theme as you can see from the screen shots. I may redesign the toggle widgets, but I use GV all the time and never actually use them so it's not a priority for me. If there are a few people that would like it then I'll consider.

Download link - Google_Voice_v0.4.2.44.Dark.signed.zip

View attachment 47191View attachment 47190

Again, thanks to thebowers for his original xml edits and image work. The message starring works properly and looks good now which leads me to believe there was a bug in the previous version.

I'm running the 2nd init version of CM7 nightly with gingerbread kernel by INt_Rnd_Pooka on my Droid X (2012-1-31.r1 version) with ICS theme.http://www.mediafire.com/?ew39h30m1rwrkvm

Last edited:

ben999_

Reaction score
Ok I tweaked this a little more. I found out about a parallel effort by decalex at XDA ([APP][THEME] Google Voice • ICSssy • INVERTED v0.4.2.44 [02.08.12] - xda-developers) and compared our xml edits. Using his version I had multiple same color text and backgrounds which made text unreadable, probably because he is testing on ICS and I'm still on GB. One particular xml edit I was missing solved the white outlines on scrolling through the text replies and in the label list view. I also reduced the size of the notification icon since it didn't quite fit with the battery, clock, alarm icons, etc. Toggle widget has been changed to new style and I changed the widget default contact picture to be the same as I had in the conversation view of the main app. I hope this still works for whomever may be using it. Only major bug I've found is that the default voicemail speaker/handset selection in settings may have hard to read or unreadable text. Can't figure it out and really not worth it since you can toggle from voicemail view anyway. Also the voicemail icon shows up instead of the text one in the label list view because I made it transparent and it probably inherited from that image/object but not a big deal in my opinion.

New download link - Google_Voice_v0.4.2.44.Dark.Signed.v2.zip

View attachment 47411 View attachment 47412 View attachment 47413 View attachment 47414

I showed the toggle widget with default 1x3 and stretched 1x4.

decalex

Reaction score
I'm kinda at a loss for changing the voicemail text color as well. I know where the .smali is, and have modified the colors.. but no changes. If anyone knows, I'm all ears :)
That part only gave me probs as of a few versions ago.

Last edited: