Inverted Google Voice with 1x4 widgets (New as of 6/15/2011)

OP
thebowers

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Newest is in OP and is 4.2.24 . Let me know of issues as I don't use this app anymore. Please take pics of the areas in question.

Thank you so much for this, bowers! I haven't come across any issues, at least for my use -- I understand there might be a white-on-white text issue in text messages, but I don't use that in GV. Thanks again!!

Please do tell how you are benefiting with GV without using it for text?

Daballa

Reaction score
Newest is in OP and is 4.2.24 . Let me know of issues as I don't use this app anymore. Please take pics of the areas in question.

Thank you so much for this, bowers! I haven't come across any issues, at least for my use -- I understand there might be a white-on-white text issue in text messages, but I don't use that in GV. Thanks again!!

Not speaking for GirLuvzDroid but I use it as a voicemail replacement for inbox messages. It'squicker to check voicemails, no passcode dialing, trancribes them, easy management of messages, etc. Personally I use it all the time and not for texting. Thanks for all you great work.

Sent from my OG DROiD

GirLuvsDroid

Reaction score

Not speaking for GirLuvzDroid but I use it as a voicemail replacement for inbox messages. It'squicker to check voicemails, no passcode dialing, trancribes them, easy management of messages, etc. Personally I use it all the time and not for texting. Thanks for all you great work.

Sent from my OG DROiD

Sorry bowers, I somehow missed your post until now! I use it for voicemail, same as Dabella, and I also have a GV phone number that will reach me on all my phones, which I give out to certain people that I want to ensure will reach me anywhere I am at any time without having to dial multiple different numbers (this is awesome for me, because my cell signal at home is terrible and I would miss calls made just to my cell when I'm at home).

Another benefit of GV for voicemail, is that it transcribes your messages for you, so it's visual voice mail for free.

Last edited:

angelfire226

Reaction score
Minimalist Version

I also themed the new app, but made it minimalistic/rEVOlution style. That way in case someone was looking for variations, now they have another option. enjoy.

Love this, but I was wondering if there was a version with the text/inbox area in black w/gray or white text, or if there was some way to set this up as described. :blackdroid:

OP
thebowers

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
newest version is in OP

ben999_

Reaction score
I love the inverted theme! Could you do the same treatment to the 0.4.2.36 version that just dropped this weekend?

Thanks!

ben999_

Reaction score
So I really liked this theme but wanted the latest version so I took the liberty of applying the theme to the latest google voice apk (version 0.4.2.36) with some of my own tweaks. Credit goes to thebowers for most of the work. I can see why he did not update this quickly like the other versions, because the app changed kind of significantly when support for tablets (honeycomb and ICS) was added. The colors had to be tweaked some more, which is a pain in the ass without knowing what the hell sections the xml's are referring to. I believe the widgets are still 1x3 but I didn't look into this because I'm fine with stretching using Launcher Pro.

I modified the default contact pic in the main app, made the ugly purple sms icons transparent, and darkened the inbox widget (wasn't feeling the white outline so much). Settings widget is unchanged from previous themed version. The new integrated widget is not themed at all. Only bug I believe is that the starred message stars come up light blue with white in the center. I'm not sure if this is just me or what, but this was really just for myself and I don't use the starring feature so it doesn't bug me.

I'm running the 2nd init version of CM7 nightly with gingerbread kernel by RevNumbers on my Droid X (102111 date I think). I hope someone else will enjoy this. I'm sure I'll continue to update it in the future.

View attachment 41915

View attachment 41916

View attachment 41917

Last edited:

FastKatt

Reaction score
Just getting back to the inverted apps.
I've missed them!

Swyped on my Droid Bionic, sent via Tapatalk.