Inverted Google Voice with 1x4 widgets (New as of 6/15/2011)

timp

Reaction score
Anyone have an inverted version of GV that doesn't use direct access numbers? (I believe that would be version 0.3.4 or earlier)

decalex

Reaction score
4.2.24?

Sent from my OG DROiD

Anyone wanna post the Google Voice (original) 4.2.24 apk?
Er.. actually, if anyone knows, I have a question.

U know how, with most modded apks, if we try to update to a newer version via the market, the installation fails.
That's cool and all, but where does it store that "temp" apk file. It must have downloaded it somewhere-- I wonder if there's a way to catch it before it's removed?

EDIT:
found this in logcat after download.. but couldn't grab it in time:
Code:
D/PackageParser( 2731): Scanning package: /data/app/vmdl12985.tmp
D/vending (30210): [26] LocalAssetDatabase.notifyListener(): 4857343077305771832 / INSTALL_FAILED
I/vending (30210): [26] MyPackageInstallObserver.packageInstalled(): Package install from content://downloads/download/123 failed: Package file was not signed correctly.

Last edited:

lilflip21

Reaction score
4.2.24?

Sent from my OG DROiD

Er.. actually, if anyone knows, I have a question.

U know how, with most modded apks, if we try to update to a newer version via the market, the installation fails.
That's cool and all, but where does it store that "temp" apk file. It must have downloaded it somewhere-- I wonder if there's a way to catch it before it's removed?

EDIT:
found this in logcat after download.. but couldn't grab it in time:
Code:
D/PackageParser( 2731): Scanning package: /data/app/vmdl12985.tmp
D/vending (30210): [26] LocalAssetDatabase.notifyListener(): 4857343077305771832 / INSTALL_FAILED
I/vending (30210): [26] MyPackageInstallObserver.packageInstalled(): Package install from content://downloads/download/123 failed: Package file was not signed correctly.

the market downloads them to... /cache/download

you can grab it from there after starting the download..

and heres the new (default) Voice 4.2.24..

(just rename and delete the .pdf off the end of the file.. had to rename since you cant upload .apk's and I was too lazy to make a quick update zip :)

Last edited:

decalex

Reaction score
4.2.24?

Sent from my OG DROiD

the market downloads them to... /cache/download

you can grab it from there after starting the download..

and heres the new (default) Voice 4.2.24..

(just rename and delete the .pdf off the end of the file.. had to rename since you cant upload .apk's and I was too lazy to make a quick update zip :)

thank you sir :icon_ banana:

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com

Is this compatible with gingerbread ?
it worked fine on nongigerbread Darkslide4.2 on my droidX
but having trouble on my d1 with gingerbread.

OP
thebowers

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Newest is in OP and is 4.2.24 . Let me know of issues as I don't use this app anymore. Please take pics of the areas in question.

decalex

Reaction score
Awesome, testing now. Do u recommend installing the original latest version, then pushing the modded apk?
EDIT: was easier to uninstall completely, and install from apk posted.

working great so far. Thanks!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jeffsanace

Reaction score
Newest is in OP and is 4.2.24 . Let me know of issues as I don't use this app anymore. Please take pics of the areas in question.

Jeffsanace from Bad Seed Customs, Love the app! One issue I see is the text color when composing an sms message is white on white. Other than that it looks awesome, thank you, I will be following to see what else you have up your sleeve.

GirLuvsDroid

Reaction score

Thank you so much for this, bowers! I haven't come across any issues, at least for my use -- I understand there might be a white-on-white text issue in text messages, but I don't use that in GV. Thanks again!!

djisback

Reaction score
Why is it that once I have installed this on my droid pro. that everything shows fine. other than in a text messaging I see responses with white on an offwhite? I did completely uninstall GV. and then Followed up with the install of BNB_GV.apk this morning. This works fine on my original droid but not my droid pro. any ideas?

Nice post btw.

OP
thebowers

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Anyone who has a white on white issue, please take a picture. As state what phone this is on.

jeffsanace

Reaction score
HTC EVO, Here's a screenie. Love your work by the way.

yun8XLl

Anyone who has a white on white issue, please take a picture. As state what phone this is on.

OP
thebowers

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ok, so it is the contact box at the top. I believe when you type in that box though it is black right?