Inverted 2.3.6 Market

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I was on GPA15 while theming it and all my stuff applied... but I have themed 6 roms and cm7 was the only one with market issues... did you look for "Black Market"?... I changed it from just regular Market.... otherwise, ecsnead has 2.3.4 and under all Blacked Out in his section.... you could try that...

Sent from Chevy's attic....

Dwyndal

Reaction score
i did look for black market and and market but wasn't available. I'll try again but this time uninstalling and clearing data using yours then i'll try the other. I forget to do that first step which caused the FB to fail so it could be user error. One sec

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
On market, you don't uninstall... check if you van uninstall updates tho... settings/apps/manage /all/market/ uninstall updates ... then flash the Apk like a theme....

Dwyndal

Reaction score
Market doesn't have updates, i checked but the link you in in OP is .zip not a apk so i was flashing it, where would i find the apk file?

I just realized you are talking like themes should be using mm for this type of theming?I have never themed before and was bored with my rooted droid and have been going with black to just save battery life.

Reaction score
Contact the user "mobile_Sensai" cause I don't know the dx... I think ya gotta mount system first but honestly I dunno... plus the update scripts are different from d1 to dx and mobile sensai made a themed market so he can prob help ya out there..... sorry tho

Thank u for the help

Dwyndal

Reaction score
haha still working at this, i'm trying ecsnead69's now but i'm noticing my market is 2.2.1 - so i'll reflash this earlier on top and see if it fixes it. Until then, I shall not be defeated. RAWR

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
His might work then... there wasn't really an issue with Black Market installing on froyo roms.... just the beginning of gb roms and cm7 for d1.... so hopefully it works for ya... I think I have a 2.3.4 version too but ecsnead has prior versions....

Dwyndal

Reaction score
Didn't work and i tried a 3rd from XDA, i actually got escneads to work then i went and tried to put yours over it haha and now it's gone and his isn't working anymore either. It's really weird, i went back to my back ups, and flashed them on but when i do, i lose both market and market updater and no it's not there as black market. It's just gone. I will keep working at it because this bothers, me i have not had any problems rooting or any other themes but this is just killing me.

I am going to try two things first i'll try to install 2.3.3 i saw one on xda earlier if that works great post blacking out, if not i'll reinstall it and freeze it then try installing one clean this shouldn't be this hard as i'm hearing of lots having success haha. I'll keep you posted lol

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Now that you're on SS5.4 all the inverted apks apply fine.... :D

Sent from the Titanic

Dwyndal

Reaction score
Now that you're on SS5.4 all the inverted apks apply fine.... :D

Sent from the Titanic

mhmm my thoughts exactly, but first i'm testing it before i go all into it - finding the right kernal and schemes. I have yet to use a theme in MM and actually never did much other than stock theme to black just for battery life, like i said i keep my screen brightness off to 0 haha

Dwyndal

Reaction score
so yes market did work but now gtalk fails to open after flashing that on haha - can't uninstall but i can freeze. I have tried that twice - i'll keep working on it because that was my main need. Good thing i love geeking and testing stuff on my phone lol.

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Try my gtalk... if you're on a PC now, its in my sig... if you're on your phone go to my section and I have a thread for it "gingerbread gtalk inverted"... use the 3rd one that says updated.... the froyo one won't work on gb roms....

Sent from the Titanic

Dwyndal

Reaction score
I actually think it was user error haha I have the app locked in my system since I use it more than SMS i have all these new dangled options its orgasmic.

Let me unlock and go see your thread I am in phone for a bit, just finished 14 hour day lol

Sent from my brain while my fingers are my puppets.

Dwyndal

Reaction score
Yeah mate the gingerbread one worked, i forgot about that and unlocked it. I was using the previous froyo version so good thinking. Nice shading and all. I'm almost all blacked out hehe but still feeling i'm running low on memory haha

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm not sure that LCD screens benefit from black backgrounds.... I thought it was just led/amoled but I could be wrong....

Sent from the Titanic