Introductions

Charlie Winum

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the group. I have the Motorola Droid I have had it for about 7 months and had some problems. The most frustrateing one is when my phone rings it will not let me unlock it.

I am a Head Hunter and I deal on a national level and abroad so my cell phone is my life line.

Thanks,

Charlie

billbobagns

Reaction score
Bought my wife and myself Sprint Samsung Android's. Can barely open and close apps. Trying to find a tutorial on "how to open and close apps" and "how to manage apps that are running in the back ground'

I've noticed some aps like "music" will run in the background if music is playing when I push the HOME button, but if the music is paused and I push HOME the app closes.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bought my wife and myself Sprint Samsung Android's. Can barely open and close apps. Trying to find a tutorial on "how to open and close apps" and "how to manage apps that are running in the back ground'

I've noticed some aps like "music" will run in the background if music is playing when I push the HOME button, but if the music is paused and I push HOME the app closes.
Read this http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/65483-task-killers-answer-google-developers.html

Stop worrying about what's open, this is how Android works... dancedroid

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Welcome to the forums. :)

First I what apps have you downloaded from the market if any. And are the apps slow to open both pre-installed and downloaded, because they should open when you touch the icon for the specific app.
Second do not install a task killer they do more harm than good. And the Samsung Epic 4G had a task manager built in.
Third if you want music playing when you push the home button try using a music widget. To get this long press the home screen and select the widget option then go to the music widget. Also note when music is paused when using the app it will close the app as there is no stop function.

Trying out Sprint for a month. Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk. 4G is pointless when you don't live in one of the few available network areas.

billbobagns

Reaction score
I've dl'd "Maverick" off-road GPS and Sprint Navigation cause the voice is better than Googles.

When I press the "Home" key, I expect it to take me to the home screen, but sometimes, it brings up a window with the last 6 apps I had running. How do I get to the home when this happens?

I know this is a very simple issue, but I can't find a tutorial for REAL beginners. Maybe you can point me to one.

Thanks
Bill

Briteyez83

Reaction score
Hi, just wanted to make a quick introduction. I can't wait for this phone to come out and will preorder as soon as it becomes available at Verizon. I've been waiting to pick up an android phone, and this one is sure to have it all.

-Dan

Sent with Liquid Smoothness from my Maserati using Tapatalk2