Introduction

robo

Reaction score
Hi my name is Rob, I have a motorola droid that I love and I just rooted it last night with the help of droidforum.net It's running great!

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome robo!!!!!!!!!!

Glad the forum helped you out last night....look around for more things to do now that you're rooted...

I suggest SholesMod Updater.....

Make sure you have Unknown Sources checked in Settings, and then on your Droid....click here.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi Rob. :welcome: to the Droid Forums. I had my phone rooted but I removed the root for the upcoming update. Which doesn't appear to be upcoming when they said it would. Oh well, enjoy the forum.:)

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Welcome to the Forum...

OP
robo

robo

Reaction score
Welcome robo!!!!!!!!!!

Glad the forum helped you out last night....look around for more things to do now that you're rooted...

I suggest SholesMod Updater.....

Make sure you have Unknown Sources checked in Settings, and then on your Droid....click here.

natediddy, do I just run it from the astro browser like I did with the Launcher 2.1 apk?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
No you can run it from your app drawer just like any other app that you have

Remember when you first launch it, it will ask for root permissions....make sure you check "REMEMBER" before you click on "ALLOW" and then just follow directions and let it do its thing!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Welcome Rob.

Made an intro and rooted with only 2 posts in : )

Enjoy the forums

OP
robo

robo

Reaction score
Thanks again

Remember when you first launch it, it will ask for root permissions....make sure you check "REMEMBER" before you click on "ALLOW" and then just follow directions and let it do its thing!

I ran sholesmod 2.0.3 and it almost feels like a new phone. There is a little bit of a lag, so now onto overclocking.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I ran sholesmod 2.0.3 and it almost feels like a new phone. There is a little bit of a lag, so now onto overclocking.

Good man ;)

I'm currently running at 1ghz and stable, crank it up!
Welcome to the machine!

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome! 2 posts in and you're already rooted!
You must be one of those 'reading' types! (We have a lot that would rather just post a duplicate) Glad to have you. There's so much info on this forum, a lil reading will provide you with a wealth of info!