Introduction to ROM

paparoachph

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm new in android world.can anyone explain me what ROM can do on an android phones!?:)

What will be the benefits and vice versa!

Thanks!:)

Sent from my XT910 using DroidForums

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
That's one of those, you might not like the responses given, kind of "open ended" questions. Google Android ROM. Lifehacker does a good job of explaining it. I'm sure that some might jump on here and get detailed, but some are just going to say look it up. The first questions you need to ask are: what is root, do I want to root, and if the answer's yes, how do I root. Then get into ROMs.

ROM stands for Read Only Memory. This is memory that is retained even when power is completely lost. That's why you have to "Flash" a ROM. You can't just load it like an app. If you think of it in terms of a computer, the ROM is the operating instructions for your pocket computer that tells your pocket computer how to be a phone. Android is a ROM that tells your pocket computer how to be an Android Phone. Developers have been taking these basic instructions, and modifying them to function a different way. For example, remove some of the software (otherwise known as bloatware) from your phone.

For now, the Razr's still relatively new, so the ROMs are in beta mode meaning things are still broke. I'm not sure how far along the GSM ROMs are as I am CDMA.

I wish you luck!

OP
paparoachph

paparoachph

Reaction score
Thanks man!:)!

If ever in the future if I plan to root my phone!?what benefit can I get with it.!?will it help me.maximize the uaed of my phone.or it is just for the personalization of the phone!?

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Thanks man!:)!

If ever in the future if I plan to root my phone!?what benefit can I get with it.!?will it help me.maximize the uaed of my phone.or it is just for the personalization of the phone!?

Click on Abe's link in my siggy. He's got the answer to your question. Good Luck!