Introduction post

hankafyin

Reaction score
Hello forum.

My wife marched me into Best Buy, and she selected the D2. At the time they had 1 D1 left in stock, and it was "free" with 2 yr. I had heard that the D2 and DX both had locked bootloaders, so I picked up the D1.

I am an avid PC overclocker, and dual boot Ubuntu 10.04 on one of my systems. I am just doing research right now to root and OC my D1. I can't do anything about the RAM, but I would like to make it run a little more "crisp". I love my new phone, I joked with my wife that I was going to box up my systems, cause I didn't need them any more, I had a droid now. Currently running FRG22D stock.

portermac

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum
I love my moto Droid and being rooted. Droids are truly amazing phones. Well enjoy the forum. These people here are very helpful and will have a answer for any question you ask.

OP
H

hankafyin

Reaction score
thanks for the welcome, this is a great site. I downloaded all the .tar s on the app sticky "goodies form other phones", and merged all the media into one and loaded it on my phone, I am running the Slide Show widget from the motoroi. I got LP plus and love the "extra" real estate. I have downloaded all the files to root my phone, I am just reading up on different methods. I just ran quadrant and had a score of 793 at stock. This is a great resource. I'm hoping the since I got in on the tail end of production, that I will have a good to average CPU. Thanks again for the greetings