Introducing Theprince!

Theprince

Reaction score
Hello Droid Forums! My name is Theprince I'm the proud owner of a broken Motorola Droid 4 dancedroid Currently using Theprincess' old HTC Droid Incredible and previously had the Motorola Droid X.

Why am I proud of a broken phone you may ask? because I cracked the glass and bought a replacement Touch screen digitizer, disassembled the phone replaced it and reassembled it. Sure the phone hasn't turned on since, but I learned a lot and I had a good time doing it :icon_ lala: . (biggest mistake was stripping a couple of screws and I think I used too much force to finally get them out possibly cracked motherboard or shorted a wire :icon_eek: ) I've built/repaired laptops, desktops, simple external hard drives, and such but had never been inside a phone before. I'm planning to buy a damaged Droid 4 or 2 to salvage parts from and bring it back to life. Theprincess currently has a Samsung Galaxy S III.

I'm a UX researcher and ex software developer and have never owned anything Apple.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum! Great intro!

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Welcome to the forum..great to have you with us ..if you need help with them broken phones I have a hammer might help...hehe
Good stuff and great to hear you're learning along the way ..

N2 tap'd HD

xtor

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums, Great intro!

sent from a note yee (2)

OP
T

Theprince

Reaction score
Update. I scooped up a busted Droid 4 from ebay and built my Frankenstein-monster I'm back in business! Turns out it was the the screen that died. I'm not sure if it was the new digitizer or if I deaded the LCD itself somehow.