Introducing the HTC Incredible Droid

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
htc-incredible.jpg

After posting rumors of a new Motorola smart phone we felt it was only right to post something new from HTC. Chris Ziegler @ Engadget Mobile has made our day with news of a new Android 2.1 smart phone headed to Verizon. The codename was discovered in a leaked rom from HTC, but it could be simply an internal codename used by the developers.

Regardless of the name, this is a good sign that a new Android 2.1 phone is on the way. Earlier information suggested the Phone would be called the HTC Passion, HTC Bravo or HTC Dragon and would have the Qualcomm Snapdragon 1GHz CPU equipped with a 3.5-inch multi-touch OLED display.

(Source: HTC Incredible is coming to Verizon, better live up to its name -- Engadget Mobile)

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
same hardware/look as the Nexus probably...

what we were expecting all along

OP
danDroid

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was thinking it was going to look more like the Bravo:

htc-bravo-121809.jpg

mach330

Reaction score
^^^ i really hope it's like the bravo. i need to replace my crappy voyager soon. please let this come out soon. my wife already has the droid which i like, but i want something different.

gee1785

Reaction score
Damn, just got the Droid now this. Hopefully it come out soon, I am really not finding much use for the Droid keyboard and the 1ghz proc is Ooo so nice :)

snmemx

Reaction score
Does anyone have any new info on when the HTC Dragon (or whatever it's going to be called) is arriving at Verizon? I was in the store Sunday and they said "any day now"...the rep had seen a working phone and said it was pretty slick.

Thanks!

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:icon_ worthless: great news either way

cb2000a

Reaction score
Damn, just got the Droid now this. Hopefully it come out soon, I am really not finding much use for the Droid keyboard and the 1ghz proc is Ooo so nice :)

Highly unlikely it will run at 1ghz more like 750 mgz. due to battery drain considerations.

mrbillhewitt

Reaction score
I'm new newbe

I see that we think we might look for the new passion/dragon on or around the 13th Jan, is that still the best guess?...Also notice that the nexus will be out Jan 5th, will that influence Verizon decision?