Introducing the DroidForums.net App

jaw4bama

Reaction score
Great job! I was going to buy the TT pro app and bam this comes out, great timing!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
I gave it 5 stars...but...

I cannot login. I am 110% positive that my credentials are valid. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app (downloading it for the fourth time as we speak). I have logging out manually from the website thinking that might help. No. It didn't. So I logged back in via the web to test and make sure I am entering a valid username+password. I am.

If whoever coded the classes handling the credentials reads this...is it possible the app is not properly parsing my username due to the ™ special.character? I'm going to try this one more time then I guess I'm off to emailing the developer. Any suggestions before I do? Is there a magical unicorn standing in front of me that I don't see?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

I cannot login. I am 110% positive that my credentials are valid. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app (downloading it for the fourth time as we speak). I have logging out manually from the website thinking that might help. No. It didn't. So I logged back in via the web to test and make sure I am entering a valid username+password. I am.

If whoever coded the classes handling the credentials reads this...is it possible the app is not properly parsing my username due to the ™ special.character? I'm going to try this one more time then I guess I'm off to emailing the developer. Any suggestions before I do? Is there a magical unicorn standing in front of me that I don't see?
I'm curious if it's the (tm) that's causing you issues as well.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

go in to your user id and change the PW and make sure of caps and everything. then retry. I havent seen this yet as everyone i know has been able to log in

HarvesterX™

Reaction score

go in to your user id and change the PW and make sure of caps and everything. then retry. I havent seen this yet as everyone i know has been able to log in

I changed my password from the cp to a vey simple password and I can verify that there is some issue causing the verification to fail. Is the developer of this app reading in on this thread? If not I am going to submit a report.

ocdtrekkie

Reaction score
So there's no real benefit if you have Tapatalk Pro, is there? Like... I ended up uninstalling the XDA app because I needed the space on my D1, and you know, I could do all the same stuff from Tapatalk.

gupie1

Reaction score
Great app now wish I didn't buy tappro version

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

ACalcutt

Reaction score
Just wondering...

Why does this app require Your location: "coarse (network-based) location," Storage: "modify/delete SD card contents," System tools: "automatically start on boot," & Phone calls: "read phone state and identity?!"

Would love to have an app for this forum but will not download this until these questions are answered.

Edited by miami. ** not necessry

I am wondering this myself...specifically about the phone calls and location

Gremlin

Reaction score
Got the app. But getting fc's once in a while. Anyone else?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why does this app require Your location: "coarse (network-based) location," Storage: "modify/delete SD card contents," System tools: "automatically start on boot," & Phone calls: "read phone state and identity?!"

I am wondering this myself...specifically about the phone calls and location
It explains it right in the Manage Applications area of your device - The "phone calls" reads the state the phone is in while within the app for incoming phone calls - location goes hand in hand with the phone calls and network access, you can't get network access without a signal and you can't get a signal without a cell tower and cell towers track your location - Modify SD card is because you can download attachments from within the app and they are saved to your SD in a folder

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:

RK KINGKONG

Reaction score
done downloaded awesome and great idea , i use VBULLETIN and before this i used TAPATALK for both this forum and my websites forum . Now I wish I had one for my website like for my forums . GREAT JOB guys

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Lol bought tapatalk pro less than a week ago and now this comes out. Glad its out there though.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App