Introducing myself

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by rogersterry7, Sep 22, 2010.

1. rogersterry7

rogersterry7 New Member

I bought a Droid because I am a passionate believer in Open Source systems; practicality would have led me to buy an iPhone to go with my iMAC.

I worked in the computer industry for over 30 years, in IBM, Lotus (before IBM), my own Internet start-up that failed, and then running a not-for-profit helping 100,000 kids worldwide to use the Web for educational purposes. I am now retired and my programming skills are very rusty, so I can act as a useful foil for the power programmers!

A major interest is UI design, and I hope that the Droid community can steer the Android folk and the hardware manufacturers to keep improving the UI and the system integration. I found the iMAC far less "perfect" in its UI than is commonly assumed.
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

:welcome: to the Droid Forum. Glad you found us, let us know if you need help finding anything.
  3. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Welcome! Glad you joined us. I have an iMac and Mac Book Pro and both work very will with my Droid.

Mike