1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Introducing myself

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by rogersterry7, Sep 22, 2010.

1. rogersterry7

rogersterry7 New Member

I bought a Droid because I am a passionate believer in Open Source systems; practicality would have led me to buy an iPhone to go with my iMAC.

I worked in the computer industry for over 30 years, in IBM, Lotus (before IBM), my own Internet start-up that failed, and then running a not-for-profit helping 100,000 kids worldwide to use the Web for educational purposes. I am now retired and my programming skills are very rusty, so I can act as a useful foil for the power programmers!

A major interest is UI design, and I hope that the Droid community can steer the Android folk and the hardware manufacturers to keep improving the UI and the system integration. I found the iMAC far less "perfect" in its UI than is commonly assumed.
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

:welcome: to the Droid Forum. Glad you found us, let us know if you need help finding anything.
  3. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Welcome! Glad you joined us. I have an iMac and Mac Book Pro and both work very will with my Droid.

Mike