Introducing David Reed

David Reed

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Stupid,dumb,LG flip phone.
the latest happy owner of a phone there is much to learn about.
So far, I love it!dancedroid

Except, I created personal voicemail greetings and have learned it plays music during the ring phase of the call. Most find the music boring and would either prefer different music, or to just listen to the ringing.

Is there a way to modify this?

Anxious,:)

David

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum Mr. Reed! :D I can't answer your question about the ringing but i'm sure someone will be along that knows what you're talking about :D

OP
David Reed

David Reed

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Thanks!

:welcome: to the forum Mr. Reed! :D I can't answer your question about the ringing but i'm sure someone will be along that knows what you're talking about :D

I appreciate the welcome and the nice legs in heels, too.:icon_ banana:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum -

I know with google voice you can personalize the voice greetings but this is the only way I am aware of - knowing how you accomplished it can help us help you

OP
David Reed

David Reed

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
the latest happy owner of a phone there is much to learn about.
So far, I love it!dancedroid

Except, I created personal voicemail greetings and have learned it plays music during the ring phase of the call. Most find the music boring and would either prefer different music, or to just listen to the ringing.

Is there a way to modify this?

Anxious,

David

Ok, login to your MyVerizon account, then scroll down until you see the "I Want To...." menus. There are 4 columns and 4 rows of buttons. Directly beneath that is a link named "More Actions". Click it.

Now there are 4 columns and 2 rows of links. Under the "Media" column, there is a link "Manage Ringback Tones". Click it.

This loads the "Media Store" where you can search for the Ringback tones you want. Beneath the Verizon Banner Menu are 5 menu links, one is named "Manage" and is a drop-down list, select "My Ringback Tones" and then you have a box with all the tones you have selected, to the right of that box is a column with two tabs, "Default" and "Contacts". Click the "contacts" tab. It does not populate from your Contacts on your phone. It will be empty.

Manually enter the name of the person and their telephone number. It uses caller-id to identify them, so the name does not matter.

From the box on the left, select the ringback tone you want for each person and drag it to the shaded box area in the contacts list for that person and release it. Allow a little time for this to update in the Verizon system and then when they call you, they will hear that tune instead of the ringer sound.

You are most Welcome!:)