Intro thread

judyginaz

Reaction score
Hi, I've just "inherited" an older Droid (Motorola Verizon version) and I am working through learning the new technology (yes, touch screen is a new technology to me...) Most of the functions have been quite intuitive, however, I do have one question that the former owner cannot answer: My Droid keeps announcing itself: "Droid" startles me at intervals, and I have no idea WHY? No voicemail, no text message... What triggers the phone to issue the announcement?

robert70

Reaction score
Your Droid is haunted run! Lol sorry, with out having the phone infront of me to dig threw stuff my guess would be to check notification settings and make sure that the loss and regaining of network connection is unchecked, or social netwrok settings, or screen on and off sounds? Hope this helps, if the unit continues to announce itself after going thru all those settings go to a vzw store or try calling tech support, or just take it as your phone wants your attention to play with it some more!

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
J

judyginaz

Reaction score
Thnx

Thanks...I thought it might be a notifications setting thing, so I'll play with it some more. Appreciate the help.
Judy

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to DF Judy!! WE are happy you joined up with us!! Let us know how you make out with your notification issue.

S

SFGate

Welcome to the site. Sounds like your Droid wants to let you know that you are not alone! dancedroid

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site! Glad to see people helping you out already.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums