[Intriguing Game] Osmos HD Available in the Google Play Store for Android

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;jrzhlTn1_ds]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jrzhlTn1_ds#[/video]!​

Sometimes you might be in the mood for a game that requires visceral action to get your adrenaline going, or perhaps occasionally you may want a game that engages your mind on a complex and strategic level. However, sometimes you may want a game to help you unwind and relax, and we found an intriguing title that does exactly that. This little indie title called Osmos HD is based upon a serene and relaxing premise. That is something not found too often in gaming.

The concept is simple. You guide your little "mote" around the vast emptiness of the cosmos and absorb other smaller lifeforms without being absorbed by the ones that are larger than you. As you absorb other motes, you grow larger and can then absorb motes that were once larger than you. However, in order to change directions and repel other larger lifeforms, you must eject some of your own matter, causing you to shrink. This makes for a unique dynamic that creates a challenge, but doesn't overwhelm the player. The interesting physics and electronic ambient music of the game add even more value to the very creative idea.

The game has won numerous awards, and has a 5 star rating on the Google Play Store. There is even a free demo to try it out.

Source: Google Play Store - Osmos HD

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Way back in February my older brother was raving about this. Then I saw an article about it on Android police. I ended up getting it when it was on sale.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Briankbl

Reaction score
This is........really really old news.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL

Agreed. I got it months ago when it was on sale and it was fun, but short. I didn't see much replay value in it but at the price I got it, I was fine with it. I haven't seen an update since so I have to wonder if any new stuff will ever be added.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I thought there was an Osmosis 2 HD when I first glanced at this article. Yes, it's a cool game, but then you just don't want to play it after a while. Cartoon Wars...now that's a game with replay value. :happy3:

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Yes. The game is several months old, but we never ran a story on it. Today was a really slow day for news, so we thought we would share something that other users may not have seen before. ;)

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Yes. The game is several months old, but we never ran a story on it. Today was a really slow day for news, so we thought we would share something that other users may not have seen before. ;)

It's never old news to share apps.