1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Internet Randomly Stopping

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by Charged, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Charged

Charged Member

I use my Charge as my household internet device through the mobile hotspot feature. When it works, it works great. However, the internet is constantly stopping and I can't figure out why. I have LTE at my house. I never had troubles connecting to it with the Samsung LTE mobile wifi device which I also have and would like to get rid of if possible. The mobile hotspot on my phone is set to never turn off. Also, if I turn "mobile data" off and then right back on then I'm once again connected to the internet. Is the problem simply a phone that just needs Samsung to release another update or is there some setting I have wrong? My wife has the same problem with her phone as well.
  2. Charged

Charged Member

38 views thus far. Could I at least get somebody to admit to having the same problem?
  3. rdgxray

rdgxray New Member

From reading the forums this starting and stopping of data flow is common. Pressing mobile data fixes it sometimes. I myself have not noticed this problem, but only have 3g here. I actually shut off the 4g antenna to save battery. Hopefully this starting/stopping of 4g or switching from 4g to 3g will be fixed in an update soon.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums
  4. steveo7034

steveo7034 New Member

I have the same problem. Just call customer support up and if you complain enough times they told me they would give me a different phone. Love the Charge. But I am not paying $30 a month for spotty internet connection.
  5. bweN diorD

bweN diorD Well-Known Member

i used to have this issue alot also, since the ee4 update it has been flawless.
    if your up to it i would suggest you re-flash your phone and or put the new GB modems on it (there pretty fast)
    flash ed1 then let it OTA to ee4, then put on the GB modems. i can provide links if you need them.
  6. Shurple

Shurple New Member

i am having this issue right at this very second! I hate this phone..... 30 minutes now
  7. Charged

Charged Member

I paid way too much for the charges (yes 2) and way too much a month for the internet to totally suck. It's not where I live because the samsung 4g hotspot I got rid of had a flawless internet connection. If gingerbread doesn't fix what ails the phone then I'm dumping it
  8. steveo7034

steveo7034 New Member

If you have the Advanced Task Killer delete it. I found that was the main source of my internet problems. I still hate the phone. Will not play any of my music files...