1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Internet/market issue on UD 1.0.0 on droid 1

Discussion in 'UltimateDroid' started by r1nstang, Oct 26, 2010.

1. r1nstang

r1nstang New Member

Installed UD 1.0.0 on my Droid 1 yesterday. Internet will never connect. one I push the browser icon it says no connection page cannot be displayed. Open the market and it immediately says network connection error. This is using either the 3G (which honestly is lacking in this area) But also on the WIFI connection at my job. I know they have a few sites blocked...but the sites that are not blocked still will not connect. they get to about 10% and then just kinda hang there.

Any ideas to fix this? thanks!
  2. MarkY3130

MarkY3130 New Member

I am certainly not the most qualified to respond but I am sure others will correct me. Anytime I have had trouble with wifi or connectivity with any ROM I always try a different kernal and it usually solves the problem.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  3. dfgged

dfgged New Member

I often have a similar problem where I get stuck at obtaining IP address. Turns out that you may need a different key if your network has a WEP key. If that's not it, I'd try a different kernal.
  4. Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't Theme Developer Premium Member

I'd try a different kernel first and see if that helps. Are you using the stock Slayher kernel now?

5. daware

daware New Member

I put airplane mode on for a minute and then turn it back off.
  6. r1nstang

r1nstang New Member

i didnt even think about trying a new kernal. Im on the stock kernal that came on the rom right now. Ill try a new one here in a bit. I think i was using Chevys ULV 1.25 kernal before this happened.

Tried switching airplane mode on then off already...no luck
  7. Droid DOES!!

Keep us posted!
  8. huskur

huskur New Member

When you installed the ROM did you do a factory reset and wipe data AND cache? If not i would do that and reinstall the ROM.
  9. NeverEndingXsin

NeverEndingXsin New Member

what I would try first is just reinstalling the rom, wipe your data and cache and put it back on and see if that fixes your problem
  10. r1nstang

r1nstang New Member

yup wiped and cleared phone before installing the rom. Also tried reflashing the rom after it wasnt working the first time

installed the ULV 1.25 Chevy kernal and its rocking right along now. WIFI works perfect. market is still iffy..but i think its blocked on wifi filters. Ill try to access it when i get home on my wifi
  11. Droid DOES!!

I thought the kernel may be the culprit! Glad it worked out man! Have you ran the Speed Up Market command to see if it helps? I noticed a lil difference but its still pretty slow..I don't think its the ROM though.

12. r1nstang

r1nstang New Member

yeah I tried the speed up command but didnt notice any difference at all. and turns out market does work anywhere else..just not at work on their wifi..guess they have that blocked with the filters....damn!