internet connection?

phillyjohn

Reaction score
Good morning
If I purchased a laptop or tablet ( not sure what I should purchase ) could I use my Motorola Droid to get an Internet connection for whichever device I purchase.
Still learning, need simple steps
Thanking you in advance

Last edited:

marcelo

Reaction score
Yes with FoxFi app, it let's your razor/maxx be a wifi hotspot. Very fast too, 20MBPS + on 4G. Five times faster than my home DSL wifi.

Edit: Oh, forgot I was on the Droid forum. Not sure if Foxfi available for this platform, I know it works great on the razor/maxx. But I did use Easytether on my D1 via usb to my PC. Worked great but not nearly as fast.

Last edited:
OP
P

phillyjohn

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Marcelo, I am up in the air now about renewing my unlimited data plan with a new smartphone now? It took me 2 years to learn how to use my Motorola Droid lol

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I used PDAnet to USB tether my OG Droid. Free Foxfi hotspot is awesome on the Bionic

marcelo

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Marcelo, I am up in the air now about renewing my unlimited data plan with a new smartphone now? It took me 2 years to learn how to use my Motorola Droid lol

I upgraded three weeks ago from the D1 to the maxx and haven't looked back. Paid $269 for it pre $30 upgrade fee. But now it's available for $199 + $30 upgrade fee. Same price as the razor! I'm realy happy with the maxx, love the big screen, battery life, and speed. But still waiting for 4g in my area. When I do I'll be cancelling my DSL subscription and use Foxfi at home for my PC internet connection. Check out the razor/maxx forum for more info.

OP
P

phillyjohn

Reaction score
Thanks, I will check it out. I was thinking if I renew my unlimited data plan now, maybe I will be grandfathered in before they discontinued the unlimited data. FYI
I also get 22 % off because I work for a Co. that qualifies for the discount
Everyone doesn't know about that.

OP
P

phillyjohn

Reaction score
I would like to Thank everyone for all there advice

marcelo

Reaction score
Thanks, I will check it out. I was thinking if I renew my unlimited data plan now, maybe I will be grandfathered in before they discontinued the unlimited data. FYI
I also get 22 % off because I work for a Co. that qualifies for the discount
Everyone doesn't know about that.

See you on the Razor/Maxx forum! dancedroid