Internet but No Phone

matthias_01

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

This is my first post to the forums here.

I've got a Motorola Droid running Android 2.2 OTA. Not rooted, everything is stock.

I've found quite a strange problem tonight; I was texting a friend and realized that my messages were not going through. Upon this, I tried making a phone call, but it would fail to dial and the call would be lost before connection was even made. At first I thought that I did not have service, but, to my surprise, I still had full 3G (not WiFi) internet and Gmail was working properly as well. I've tried restarting my phone, both normally (shutting down and turning the device back on) as well as taking the battery out while the phone is on.

Any suggestions to this bizarre problem?

Thank you for your time,

-Matt.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Have you tried to dial *228 and then do option 2? This updates your phone as to signal and tower stuff. If you have done that and it still does not work, you may need to contact Verizon and see if there is an issue with signal in your area. The last thing I would look at too is what apps you have installed on your phone. Did you install a new app around the time this issue started? If so delete the app and see if it gets better. Finally, do you have a Task Killer on your phone, if so get rid of it. They tend to cause more problems than they are worth.

Tradd

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

This is my first post to the forums here.

I've got a Motorola Droid running Android 2.2 OTA. Not rooted, everything is stock.

I've found quite a strange problem tonight; I was texting a friend and realized that my messages were not going through. Upon this, I tried making a phone call, but it would fail to dial and the call would be lost before connection was even made. At first I thought that I did not have service, but, to my surprise, I still had full 3G (not WiFi) internet and Gmail was working properly as well. I've tried restarting my phone, both normally (shutting down and turning the device back on) as well as taking the battery out while the phone is on.

Any suggestions to this bizarre problem?

Thank you for your time,

-Matt.

I had the same issue several times over the past week or so. I actually thought the recipient had issues with their phone - like blocking me from texting them but that was not the case. Will try the *228 thingy myself.