International travel with Razr Maxx

apl3

Reaction score
Cool, thank you. I did a run of the ESN before I paid the guy for the phone and it was clean for activation. Do you (GotnFX) by chance have any experience taking a razr activated by verizon and putting a forein sim card in (with proper APN set up of course) like beefchopper had with his Note 2?

I have used my Razr in Dubai and Indonesia. The phone is already unlocked and will without doubt accept a foreign sim card. Its very easy to do. I used an APN switcher from the market.

Last edited:

GotnFX

Reaction score
I have used my Razr in Dubai and Indonesia. The phone is already unlocked and will without doubt accept a foreign sim card. Its very easy to do. I used an APN switcher from the market.

Great! What was the name of the APN switcher?

NWRULES

Reaction score
So, if go to Europe this summer with a stock maxx running jelly bean, can I just turn off the cell radio and turn on wifi and connect where available, and get online? Maybe use Skype to make phone calls? The goal is to use the phone on occasion, and not get hammered by Verizon for an occasional phone call or checking my twitter feed..... Etc.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3

NWRULES

Reaction score
Wow. Great advice! Just what I was looking for. Really appreciate the response. Cheers! :-D

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Cool, glad it was helpful! Worked great for us. When he got back to the states, he just took it off airplane mode and wah la, back on Verizon service.

sent from my Note2 using tapatalk 4 beta

vivienmichelle

Reaction score
hello everyone! I am new here, first post so I thank everyone in advance for any help offered. I have a brand new Motorola Droid Razr HD. I am not a Verizon customer currently, but I did call them and they advised me the phone comes unlocked and that I should be able to travel and place a local international SIM in the phone, no problem. I am getting conflicting reports on the activation. This phone has never been activated in the US. I am traveling to Morocco and will use it there. Must it be activated here prior to departure? Many thanks!

slaskwroclaw18

Reaction score
I am traveling to to primarily Poland to visit family this Christmas with possible small roadtrips to the Czech Republic and Germany. I have a Razr Maxx. From what I have read on this forum the best best is to find one of the carriers and get a pre-paid plan with a MicroSIM card? Anybody familiar with the Polish Mobile Networks (Orange, T Mobile, Plus) that offer reasonable plans? Thanks!+