1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

International roaming with BB?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by rockinyp, Jul 18, 2010.

1. rockinyp

rockinyp New Member

I'm traveling to Mexico in less than two days and upgraded my plan to international email, but I'm wondering if my custom baseband, kernel and BB OS will play nice with their cell towers in mexico. Will the *228 call to update my roaming capabilities go smoothly?

I'm running:

BB 0.4 Android 2.2
    Baseband C01.43.01P
    2.6.39.9-P3 pierce@MyDroidWorld #191
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  2. rockinyp

rockinyp New Member

Anyone know? If this baseband isn't going to work in Mexico, I need to go back to stock right now before leaving. Thanks!
  3. zerosouls

zerosouls Soulless Droid Premium Member

This is more a question for verizon service in general and has nothing to do with bugless beast.

There are lots of topics on this, I suggest using the search function.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  4. bendystrawboy

bendystrawboy New Member

Yeah..your question really makes no sense to me.

You call your provider and ask if they have a roming agreement and a provider in the area youre travelling to.
  5. Smeech

Smeech New Member

When I went to Cancun in 2007, I had Verizon add on international (mexico) calling for one month (even though I was only there for a week). It cost me $20 - 30. Data was not available then, but I had a dumbphone, and wifi would have worked fine.

I had pretty decent coverage, but IIRC, texting was slow, certain services didn't work.

I guess moral of the story is, like everyone else is saying, call Verizon.
  6. alm0614

alm0614 New Member

I just got back from Cabo San Lucas.. I have the most current baseband and I'm running Froyo.. no problems at all
  7. droidilac

droidilac New Member

I just have an old tmob phone that has been unlocked and when I get to Mex I activated over there and instert a sim card....

Take a laptop (if you have one) with you in case you need to flash back to stock down there LoL...

Good luck with your trip..... If you dont mind my asking what part of Mex you going to?
  8. rockinyp

rockinyp New Member

Yeah, I did call verizon. Sorry I wasn't more clear.

I have my international data plan set up with them, but I have to dial *228 and pick option 2 to reprogram my phone's roaming capabilities. Since I'm using a custom baseband, kernel and OS, I was wondering if reprogramming my phone was going to affect anything. Like, if roaming capabilities won't actually update the programming on my phone, or if my phone won't communicate correctly with the cell towers in Mexico because of the customizations.

At this point, I'll find out tomorrow morning, I guess.

Thanks for your feedback, guys! Appreciate it!