Internal Storage

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
Question is the internal storage the same as SD card with ICS update? When I do move things there I get another option to move to phone. In the past though internal and phone were the same. Just trying to make sure.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
The internal storage is partitioned into three sections:

1) Internal storage - 8GB - previously referred to as "media area" on Gingerbread.
2) Application storage - 3GB - referred to as the phone storage for moving apps around. Not user accessible beyond the storage of apps.
3) OS storage - 5GB - not user accessible.

The OS reads the 8GB Internal storage area as SDCARD. The actual SD card is read as SDCARD-EXT. If you're given the option to "move to phone" for an app, that would mean it's stored in the 8GB of Internal storage (previously called media area), and you'd be moving it to the 3GB of application storage.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm thinking that it means your media area, to your normal phone memory... I'm not 100% sure.. but I think that's how its meant.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
bacK_N_87

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
bsweetness said:
The internal storage is partitioned into three sections:

1) Internal storage - 8GB - previously referred to as "media area" on Gingerbread.
2) Application storage - 3GB - referred to as the phone storage for moving apps around. Not user accessible beyond the storage of apps.
3) OS storage - 5GB - not user accessible.

The OS reads the 8GB Internal storage area as SDCARD. The actual SD card is read as SDCARD-EXT. If you're given the option to "move to phone" for an app, that would mean it's stored in the 8GB of Internal storage (previously called media area), and you'd be moving it to the 3GB of application storage.

Okay gotcha thanks.

WallyIAm

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Does anyone know what the internal storage media consists of (physically)? My rezound decided to brick itself, and there are app files I'd like to salvage.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
What's the actual issue? It won't turn on or stuck on a screen..

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Are you sure it's actually bricked? Usually an RUU will bring it back if all else has failed.

As far as saving your app/data files, you could probably do that with ADB from a computer. I don't know how because it won't show the root level from your computer, so you'd have to know directory names to push files to your computer with ADB.

WallyIAm

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
The issue I'm facing is that it will only boot to the white HTC screen, and no further. I've tried the tricks that I know of, including pulling the battery, booting without the sim card, and/or the sd card. I can boot into recovery and toggle the different choices, but as soon as I select one it locks up solid.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's not a brick at all. Seems like for whatever reason your recovery got corrupted. Re-flash your recovery from fastboot, and then you should be able to restore a back-up. Re-flashing the recovery might even allow you to copy the app data files you want onto your SD card.

Or you might get away with a dirty flash of whatever rom you are running (that should preserve your apps/data).

If all else fails, an RUU should work (but you'll lose all the apps/data).

WallyIAm

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
It's been a couple of years since I was heavy into flashing roms (og droid days) so my skills are rusty. I'm completely stock on my rezound. I launched into recovery (or hboot?) and none of the options except fastboot worked). It then went back to the white screen. My computer won't recognize the phone as a device, so I'm unsure what to try next.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
OK, sounds like you are stock so probably never installed a recovery and don't have the tools you need on your computer...Actually there's a lot to do if you never unlocked your bootloader and it's going to get fairly complicated and time consuming (can't imagine your apps/data are worth the trouble). So my recommendation would be to get the HTC drivers and then run the RUU.exe (note: RUU will factory reset your phone).

You can get the RUU here (I'd try the 2.02 version first): http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1472606
Not sure, but just to be safe I'd make sure you have HTC drivers on your computer (got to HTC website and download and install HTC Sync for Rezound).

Also, if you can, be sure to attach your Rezound to the computer using the original, factory usb cable that came with the phone.

Last edited:

WallyIAm

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Thanks for the info. I'm not opposed to modding my rezound. I've moved on to the One M8 anyway, so I have nothing to lose. How likely will it be to gain s-off etc. given the current state of the phone?

acejavelin

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I'm not opposed to modding my rezound. I've moved on to the One M8 anyway, so I have nothing to lose. How likely will it be to gain s-off etc. given the current state of the phone?

Already possible with Firewater or via WeakSauce method.

http://firewater-soff.com

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score

It's actually pretty easy to unlock, then S-off may not be too much trouble (I did it over 2 years ago). But I think before you attempt any of that you will want to run the RUU and get the Rezound working right again.

With some of the custom roms this phone is still really rock-solid.