Internal Storage??

mcfearless

Reaction score
Everywhere I read I saw that the internal storage for the Razr was going to be 16GB. But when i got to settings and select storage I see Total space - 8gb, and available space 8gb. Can anyone explain? Thought we were getting 16gb?

birddroid

Reaction score
there is 16gb internal memory but 5.5gb is used for the os and for the lapdock application. 2.5gb is reserved for apps and the other 8 is user accessible. i got that info on a tech call at work. i work at a corporate vzw store

saleen288

Reaction score
that explains it thank you sir i guess ill have to buy a bigger sd card :biggrin:

Deron

Reaction score
What worries me is that I have not found an option to send apps to the micro SD card. That option - which was on the Droid X - has been replaced with the option to move the app to that special partition of the phone's internal memory reserved for app storage called "Media area", which is limited to 8 gb

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Last edited:

Deron

Reaction score
Nevermind. I just found it. To move apps from the phone's internal storage you have to go to home screen, hit menu button, go to setting, go to Storage.

lowboydrvr

Reaction score
Nevermind. I just found it. To move apps from the phone's internal storage you have to go to home screen, hit menu button, go to setting, go to Storage.

But doesn't this just move the app to the internal SD card? As far as I know, apps can't move to the external SD card (micro SD), it is treated like media storage, intended for pictures, videos, music, documents, etc..

BhamItGeek

Reaction score
there is 8 gig of internal and then the 16gig card that comes with it for a total of 24gig. :) picked up mine lastnight and was doing some checking when I read this.