Internal storage cant access via pc

woelda3000

Reaction score
Cant access my internal storage on my phone via pc but i can access my SD card. Any fixes fore this?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
What setting are you using, PC Mode Windows Media Sync or USB Mass Storage? What I do is have the "USB Debugging" checked and USB Mass Storage. It shows 2 removable drives; MOT (internal) and Removable Disk (external). If you do that, remember to eject both when you remove the cable.

OP
woelda3000

woelda3000

Reaction score
Im using usb mass storage

indee2025

Reaction score
I had issues where the Droid Bionic wasn't communicating with my Toshiba running Win7 everytime, about 3 out of 10 times it would show me the Bionic was there and give me access to only SD card or only internal, sometimes both.

This is what I did to teach both & I haven't had an issue since:
-Do a battery pull on the bionic, also pull out the SD card, leave battery out for 15 seconds before placing battery back in *do not put the sd card back in just yet*
-Put battery back in and let it boot up....then once Droid has finished checking internal memory for errors connect the USB cable and select "USB Mass Storage" from the Droid drop down menu & wait 15 seconds.
-Disconnect the USB cable from both the PC & the Droid.
-While Droid is still on, put back in the SD card & wait 15 seconds for the Droid to check for errors on the SD card.
-Reconnect the USB cable to the PC first & then to the Droid.
-You will already be defaulted to USB Mass Storage mode from earlier....Allow the Droid to check for errors & the PC to discover the Droid & both internal & SD locations (takes about 30-45 seconds).
*From now on you should be able to see both storage locations under "my computer" every time you connect your Droid using USB Mass Storage mode.

OP
woelda3000

woelda3000

Reaction score
Thanks fore all the advice guys problem solved