Internal memory usage high

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by dta1984, Dec 13, 2010.

1. dta1984

dta1984 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When I downloaded bb 0.5 when it was first released, I had about 110mb of used up memory (this including theme etc). Now I have 175mb used up and am very confused what is using so much memory? Majority of my apps go on the SD. Phone has been very lagy lately and I am guessing this is contributing in some way. Is there anything I can do to free some memory?

2. dredger

dredger Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not an expert or anything but if you have the app2sd app installed you can click on the phone only tab to see all the programs you have installed that can't be moved to sd. Deleting the ones you may not use anymore is a good way to trim the memory fat.

You can also delete/clean up your texts and photo gallery. Lastly you can enter into recovery mode and cwipe your dalvik cache then do a reboot. I'm sure someone else here can explain the cache stuff better.

Good luck.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

3. dta1984

dta1984 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I will try to wipe cache. I am using sprecovery, so I assume just select wipe cache like is done before the rom install.

I moved most of my apps to SD using Titanium (except widgets). My default app download is to SD, but I will check that out.

I thought photos were installed on the SD?

4. takeshi

takeshi Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't forget that the remainder have data and cache stored in your internal storage.

5. XMasterMoronX

XMasterMoronX Member

Ratings:
    +0
    25 megabytes for a warning that blocks text messages is excessive considering the amount of internal memory. Text message warning and low space warnings should only alert you at 10 megabytes

6. dredger

dredger Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Your right about photos being on sd, my mistake.
    Dalvik cache is different then regular cache I believe. Using clockwork recovery you can specify to wipe your dalvik, then reboot the phone so it can rebuild that cache. I saw some performance increase on my D1 after doing this.

For normal cache get an app like quick app clean cache or similar. It will let you wipe your normal cache in just a couple clicks. I do this every few days to clear out browser, email, app cache that isn't needed.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Search tags for this page
android email memory usage
android memory consumption high
droid x high memory usage
droid x ram usage
e mail memory use
high memory usage android
why is memories so high on my droid?

why is my ram usage so high android

why is my ram usage so high on android
why is system memory usage so high after i upgrade my androi