Internal Memory, Cards and issues...

glange65

Reaction score
Hope someone out there has an answer...searched for hours today and still don't understand the issue, or a possible solution.

3 days ago, my ROM (MIUI 1.8.12) and apps started force closing continuously while I was working on the phone. After doing some online research, on the the possible causes was that Internal Memory was full. I had just installed a new app...so I deleted an old app, and move a couple to the SD card, and voila....the FC's stopped.

Yesterday, the Android Market would not install a new app. Error message indicated that I had no free memory availble. Tried again, same message. Moved a couple more apps to the SD card, and voila...app would install.

Here lies the problem...according to EVERY app I have that can measure memory (including the info in the ROM settings), I have...
370 MBs available, out of 764 MB Internal Memory. Nowhere near full.
Additionally....the Emmc card has 6.6 GBs available out of the 7.?.... SD card (which shouldn't matter) has 7GBs available out of the 16.

WHy am I having issues related to a near capacity internal memory?

One forum post suggested that the Emmc card is partitioned, and that part of it IS your internal memory...this doesn't sound right. even if true, why would the apps show that 370 MBs were available?

Very confused...any thoughts?

OP
G

glange65

Reaction score
And the sound of crickets was deafening. This is becoming a serious issue... Nothing?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk