internal external SD??

Reaction score
what's the deal with internal and external SD card? I notice today.don't remember this on my droid.

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

Big Cam

Reaction score
The Revolution has internal memory of 16gb and then an extra 16gb of storage on the removable SD card.

The removable SD card is your external SD, and the internal memory is considered the internal SD, even though it's not a physical SD card.

N4UPD

Reaction score
I don't think the revolution has 16g of internal memory only external. My phone just shows 1.48g of total internal storage.

OP
rockandrollacdc
Reaction score
In my SD ard & phone storage settings it reads - SD card Total space 14.83GB Available space 13.93GB, Internal Memory Total space 12.01GB Available space 11.96GB & Internal Phone Storage Available space 1.11GB.

So, The internal SD is on the phone? And of course the External is the SD card? Why did they do this?
I downloaded some geocaching programs and it loaded the user info to my internal SD instead of my External SD. On my old Droid it loaded it on the SD card.
This is little confusing...

Big Cam

Reaction score
I don't think the revolution has 16g of internal memory only external. My phone just shows 1.48g of total internal storage.

The Revolution has 2 gig's of internal memory, that's what you are viewing, that is for the operating system and any app's you download. Out of the box about 800megabytes are soaked up with the OS, fornmating and bloatware, leaveing you about 1.22 gb's of free space for app's and cache.

It also has 16 gig's of internal storage, that is where music video's, or any downloaded files may go.

Then it also has a 16gb SD card which you could change up to a 32gb card.

I'm not sure why they went this way(as opposed to a single 32gb SD card), but I'm not complaining, with roughly 1.2 gb free for app's and 32gb of storage, this is a great phone.

If you go to the settings and view SD/storage, you'll see these 3 numbers I speak of.

Big Cam

Reaction score
In my SD ard & phone storage settings it reads - SD card Total space 14.83GB Available space 13.93GB, Internal Memory Total space 12.01GB Available space 11.96GB & Internal Phone Storage Available space 1.11GB.

So, The internal SD is on the phone? And of course the External is the SD card? Why did they do this?
I downloaded some geocaching programs and it loaded the user info to my internal SD instead of my External SD. On my old Droid it loaded it on the SD card.
This is little confusing...
it is a little confusing, most of the time you can go into the settings of the app and choose where it downloads too.

Phaetos

Reaction score
If you save something to the external sd card, how do you view or retrieve it on the phone? I saved an mp3 from a text and can't figure out where it went or how to get to it.

kyote

Reaction score
I use ES File explorer to manage files. It has a search and multiple files feature.

Big Cam

Reaction score
If you save something to the external sd card, how do you view or retrieve it on the phone? I saved an mp3 from a text and can't figure out where it went or how to get to it.

I use ES File explorer to manage files. It has a search and multiple files feature.

Bingo I use ES file explorer as well. Technically you can go into the browser>settings and then view downloaded items, but a file explorer is so much easier.