intermittent "sd card removed" message after reboot running smoked glass moto droid

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by subliminaltrips, Sep 22, 2010.

1. subliminaltrips

subliminaltrips New Member

hello, my first post, kick ass forum!

the problem im having is on my droid running smoked glass 6.0.1 rom(actually both, i have 2)

on one droid i am flashed to cricket, on the other im on vzw, and the eris is cricket flashed.

i have a 4gb and an 8gb card.

stock i had a similar issue but not as often, usually a reboot would fix it.
    both cards work in my droid eris and both read fine on my laptop.

they are intermittently saying card removed after rebooting. if i boot into the phone and it does recogize the card its fine, but as soon as i reboot they wont recognize. its very intermittant. any suggestions? its got me stumpped,im gonna go buy a new card and try it. but why is it only on the droids? also why do the cards read fine everywhere else but the droid? is there some type of issue with smoked glass? its not a cricket flash issue, because its on both moto droids and it works on the eris thats flashed. everything else works flawless, just the sd issues. maybe im just a total noob and am forgetting something? any suggestions or ideas? i may have missed something simple? help!
  2. subliminaltrips

subliminaltrips New Member

it seems it was the crappy sandisk class 2 cards, i bought a new 4gig sandisk class 2 card and it did the same thing, bought a kingston class4 4 gig card (cheaper too) and it works great, i think the droid is just pickier than the eris. got it going anyway.
Search tags for this page

htc rezound sd card unexpectedly removed

motorola droid x2 sd card unexpectly removed

samsung s4 message removed sd card

sd card unexpectedly removed rezound